I got screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Completely clean and air seems to be holding well. No TPS so I didn't notice until I walked to my car and saw a little bit of silver.

Costco doesn't have too long a wait and I'm sampling stuff. They say the do a full plug/patch repair and of course a rebalance. It's also time for the rotation. Almost new tires and it's the rear. I might have even considered a new tire. And nearly new Pilot A/S 3 to boot.

wat?

crazy2.gif
21.gif

Translation: He saw a screw in his almost-new Pilot A/S 3. He's getting it fixed at Costco -- where we can assume he purchased the tires. He's also getting the tires rotated. The tire wasn't leaking, and TPMS light didn't come on. While waiting on the tire job, he's walking around the store, and taking in all the free food samples.

The end.

Last edited:
That's some grammar there, OP.
Man this is hard but let's try:

Human has a vehicle
which has at least one tire
vehicle has no TPMS, couldn't notice anything amiss until human saw metal object (nail?) in tire. Probably very slow leak so wasn't able to see until then.

human went to costco, and is sampling stuff (???)
seems Costco is plugging/patching punctured tire.
As tires are new and expensive pilot A/S3, human angry.

I'm punching away at this tiny virtual keyboard on a phone in one hand and a hot dog in the other. Sheesh.

They didn't patch it after all. It was against the top of the tread and the installer said it didn't go through the lining. Wondering if it could have blown out if I left it there.

Originally Posted By: 97tbird

Angry no. Sad yes. And yeah - nobody has been to Costco and gotten the equivalent of a full meal from the samples? The great part about it now is that they don't just do it on weekends.

Tires are fine - relatively speaking. They didn't have to repair them after all since the screw only went through the top of the tread. It was probably an ideal time too since I'd already been putting off getting them rotated and rebalanced.

Oh good. You got lucky.

When I got a nail on a DWS Conti tire, the leak was so small, even when TPMS came on, not even the tire guys could find it. I found it myself by accident pretty much.
The damage from riding with the nail in the tire was too much. It had to be replaced.

Oh good. You got lucky.

When I got a nail on a DWS Conti tire, the leak was so small, even when TPMS came on, not even the tire guys could find it. I found it myself by accident pretty much.
The damage from riding with the nail in the tire was too much. It had to be replaced.

I blew out one of those. The leak was not small. It was instant while driving on the freeway, and the tire was shredded (but still in one piece) within seconds. I remember looking at it thinking "this doesn't look like it can be fixed."

I bought that one at America's Tire and I went to the closest shop. It was covered by the road hazard warranty, although they prorated it since it had wear. It was $30 + $20 installation. Not bad. I was a little bit worried since it didn't exactly match the tread depth of the other side and was barely within the recommendations for front-read tire size difference on a Subaru. They even wanted to leave the new tire on the rear, even though the front would wear faster and increase the size difference.

Originally Posted By: y_p_w
And yeah - nobody has been to Costco and gotten the equivalent of a full meal from the samples?

Nope, that's only you, and the people I read about in an article claiming that they were angry for Costco running out of free samples, and some people who would go from one Costco to another eating all that they could.

BC.

OT:
I honestly didn't even know that he meant food when he said "stuff". That's why I put "???" after that, in my "interpretation"
smile.gif

And as for me personally, I haven't ever done that either, and don't think I will. (Costco or not; a sample is a sample.)

That's some grammar there, OP.
Man this is hard but let's try:

Human has a vehicle
which has at least one tire
vehicle has no TPMS, couldn't notice anything amiss until human saw metal object (nail?) in tire. Probably very slow leak so wasn't able to see until then.

Oh, the ironing :p

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: y_p_w
And yeah - nobody has been to Costco and gotten the equivalent of a full meal from the samples?

Nope, that's only you, and the people I read about in an article claiming that they were angry for Costco running out of free samples, and some people who would go from one Costco to another eating all that they could.

BC.

I take whatever I can get and leave it at that. In the end there wasn't really all that much in terms of samples and I just got a hot dog and soda.

I also noticed that at the corner of the tire center (outside) there was air, or more specifically an outlet for their nitrogen. I suppose this is for anyone who pumps gas at Costco, but they didn't have anyone checking for receipts to prove they bought gas or Costco cards to even prove that they're members.

One of the things I do not like about Costco is how they situate the food sample tables. They basically block a good portion of the end of the aisle and when folks gather to partake a log jam forms.

I allowed my Costco, and Sam's, memberships to both expire a couple years ago and haven't missed them.

I avoid all the free samples. Those things are in the way of us trying to get through , that and the crowd of obese people lined up around these things blocking the isle. Avoid free samples , anywhere you have lots of people around, unless you are trying to get sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back