I got issues. Can I blame Ambien?

Status
Not open for further replies.
^^^interesting!

All of those cars are essentially within a second of each other. That's a bit on the track, but that's just "a hair" on the street with your average driver and an unprepped surface

Wonder what it was like in the 2000's to feel like hot stuff in a recent sports car, but then starting to sweat during a stoplight jaunt when a high school kid and his buddies thrashing mom's new Toyota Camry was on your quarter panel!!!

Originally Posted by emmett442
^^^interesting!

All of those cars are essentially within a second of each other. That's a bit on the track, but that's just "a hair" on the street with your average driver and an unprepped surface

Wonder what it was like in the 2000's to feel like hot stuff in a recent sports car, but then starting to sweat during a stoplight jaunt when a high school kid and his buddies thrashing mom's new Toyota Camry was on your quarter panel!!!

A recent sports car? Like 2010 and up? They are all much faster than the Accord or Camry.l

I can tell you my fat as* Caprice runs mid 13's and have no problem with the current crop of Honda, Toyota sedans. The Kia Stinger on the other had is beast. Those FWD jobs don't run even close to that one the street with wheel spin and torque steer. The RWD stuff destroys them.

Originally Posted by ls1mike
^^^interesting!

A recent sports car? Like 2010 and up? They are all much faster than the Accord or Camry.l

No, like the 98+ cars you compared them to. The "then" recent sports cars compared to 2009 vintage family sedans.

Hence "in the 2000's" in my post.

Different than just 10 years earlier in the late 90's when I drove family sedans as a new driver. My 3800 powered GMs and V8 Cadillacs were snoozefests in every way. They were WAY slower than a proper sports car. And historically, that's the way it always was

Now we live in different times. Even a average family sedan has some balls and is relatively nimble...

So, in 2009, a Camry being only 1 second off of a sports car under ideal conditions at the track? I think that's very commendable!

Originally Posted by ls1mike
^^^interesting!

No, like the 98+ cars you compared them to. The "then" recent sports cars compared to 2009 vintage family sedans.

Hence "in the 2000's" in my post.

Different than just 10 years earlier in the late 90's when I drove family sedans as a new driver. My 3800 powered GMs and V8 Cadillacs were snoozefests in every way. They were WAY slower than a proper sports car. And historically, that's the way it always was

Now we live in different times. Even a average family sedan has some balls and is relatively nimble...

Got it.
smile.gif

Originally Posted by atikovi
Thing is, while sports cars of 90's look nice, any 10 year old Camry or Accord is quicker.

Absolutely not true.
Reason is that by the time you develop desired speed in Camry or Accord you already fell asleep.

Originally Posted by BeerCan
I just purchased another car. I'm serious I have no idea where I am going to put them all.

What oil should I use thread coming soon
smile.gif

1994 Porsche 968
[Linked Image]

It's the car of your dreams that you have 40% less of.

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back