I got a response from Purolator

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix
Originally Posted By: SHOZ
My suspicions of why they have a new QA manger is from personal experience in some of the places I have worked. If something is wrong and the QA manger brings it up, yet it is against the current company policy, the QA manager is usually asked to leave and a new one shows up.

Hummm ... so does that possibly mean the old QM identified a major problem and spoke up, then he got fired and a new QM was brought in to participate in a cover-up and send out letters saying "We can't find anything wrong here ... just don't stock pile filters."
grin.gif

Maybe the old CM was "let go" because some quality issues have been found and he didn't have a solid way of fixing issues. You can bet Purolator knows exactly what's going on by now.

If they are an ISO 9000 company then they have procedures outlined to ensure quality. These procedures are on paper and and there usually is some sort of annual audit which is the QA managers job to see they are enforced. When upper management over rules the documented procedures, this puts the QA manger in a bad spot. They usually leave and the job position becomes a revolving door job.

I did not say it is ok but I think you have to agree that nothing will be done until their bottom line is affected either by engine failures or a decrease in sales
I dont think either will happen since the members here are a small group
I will just stay away from Purolators
There are plenty of other filters out there

We are but a drop in the bucket as far as consumers go. But a well educated on and the knowledge spread out. More harm is done from garages and other independent supplies pushing their wares on uneducated consumers. Or even OEMs who claim any filter but theirs may cause harm, and then don't list specs.

Didn't give you any insight or some new filters, or compensation for your time and effort. That's [censored]. I'd be quite annoyed right now. You're doing them a favor and all they have to say is we don't know what the problem is, but we're working on it. Ha, fram is leaps and bounds better than this in customer service
I don't really care much for brand loyalty, and will always run what I find on sale. But I won't recommend Purolator anymore to anyone

Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

If we want to see change at Purolator, we don't need to complain to Purolator, but rather to the Customers of Purolator! Once a company like NAPA, Walmart, etc. gets a wiff of what sh*t Purolator is sending out, they will visit Purolator and check quality records, and if Purolator is found guilty, then Purolator will change to satisfy customer. If Q.C. records are not recorded, then Purolator can loose their 9001 rating, I say screw them. We need to send our complaints to where it hurts, Purloator's customers, basically the place you bought the filter, they have a business relationship with Purolator, we don't.
\
manlet.gif

rolleyes.gif

GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!

It's oil filters, not AIDS research.

Furthermore, all you folks who have found tears in Purolators, have you noticed any effect on your engine's life, health or performance? Has a single one of you folks experienced a catastrophic engine failure? The proof is in the pudding, how many engines have thrown a rod, busted a crank, galled a cam and/or lifter or scored a bearing as a result of tear/tears in a filter?

I await your plethora of reports of engine mayhem.

crickets.gif

Last edited:
^^^ You could run NO filter and not get any of those failures. It's not about if an engine blows up or not due to a tear in the oil filter ... it's about people wanting a filter without tears in the media due to the risk of something possibly happening. Do you always like using defective products?
crazy.gif

Originally Posted By: telecat
crickets.gif

^^^ Purolator's new company logo.
grin.gif

Originally Posted By: SHOZ

If they are an ISO 9000 company then they have procedures outlined to ensure quality. These procedures are on paper and and there usually is some sort of annual audit which is the QA managers job to see they are enforced. When upper management over rules the documented procedures, this puts the QA manger in a bad spot. They usually leave and the job position becomes a revolving door job.

ISO 9000 in and of itself does not ensure a quality defect free product. Just that they follow a industry standard for their quality management systems. They can still manufacture junk if it was designed as junk and they made it per engineering spec.

Like many ISO certified companies, they are only ISO compliant the weeks of and ahead of an ISO audit when they are running around coaching everybody what to say and what reference for the ISO auditors. Once the auditors leave, then it is back to whatever they feel like doing.

So, I guess we can say no one here has had a Purolator-oil-filter-related catastrophic engine failure.

I tell ya, I'm SHOCKED!!!

Quote:

Purolator is BAAAAAA...TIMMAY!!!
\
timmy.gif

I don't always seek out defective products. But when I do I make sure it's sole purpose is to protect things that I paid tens of thousands for.

Originally Posted By: telecat
Originally Posted By: Vern_in_IL

If we want to see change at Purolator, we don't need to complain to Purolator, but rather to the Customers of Purolator! Once a company like NAPA, Walmart, etc. gets a wiff of what sh*t Purolator is sending out, they will visit Purolator and check quality records, and if Purolator is found guilty, then Purolator will change to satisfy customer. If Q.C. records are not recorded, then Purolator can loose their 9001 rating, I say screw them. We need to send our complaints to where it hurts, Purloator's customers, basically the place you bought the filter, they have a business relationship with Purolator, we don't.
\
manlet.gif

rolleyes.gif

GET THE PITCHFORKS!!!

It's oil filters, not AIDS research.

Furthermore, all you folks who have found tears in Purolators, have you noticed any effect on your engine's life, health or performance? Has a single one of you folks experienced a catastrophic engine failure? The proof is in the pudding, how many engines have thrown a rod, busted a crank, galled a cam and/or lifter or scored a bearing as a result of tear/tears in a filter?

I await your plethora of reports of engine mayhem.

crickets.gif

When Fram was having problems with their filters they didn't cause any engine failures either (that I'm aware of)...that doesn't mean I continued buying their filters...

If they choose to extend those limited trials, maybe in a few years they'll admit to themselves that they have a problem....

And I love how they use the dismissive term "social media". This is not all about some foul-mouthed 13 year old you-tuber hating on Purolator. Anyway I never considered forums like BITOG to be social media. It's a technical disucssion forum.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
If they choose to extend those limited trials, maybe in a few years they'll admit to themselves that they have a problem....

And I love how they use the dismissive term "social media". This is not all about some foul-mouthed 13 year old you-tuber hating on Purolator. Anyway I never considered forums like BITOG to be social media. It's a technical disucssion forum.
I actually "LOL"-ed when I saw the social media reference-time to tweet to my Facebook friends about my oil filter Instagram photos!

Keeping it real here, there is a bitog member linked below that has posted here several times about using Purolator's Facebook page to contact them about the issue. That's social media isn't it.

So it would appear the QM is right on target with his comment about social media. But it's much easier to go off the deep end and blame the QM for using the highly offensive term "social media".

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...res#Post3432665

Purolator has a Facebook page for a reason (like many companies do) ... to be "in touch" with their customers, give info about their products, and to allow customers to ask questions, give feedback, etc.

Asking Purolator about the media tearing issue on their Facebook page seem appropriate to me. Of course how someone acts on Facebook or any internet communication channel is a reflection of the poster and not much can be done about that, unless the page/board/etc owner/moderator wants to censor the comments.

Originally Posted By: sayjac

So it would appear the QM is right on target with his comment about social media. But it's much easier to go off the deep end and blame the QM for using the highly offensive term "social media".

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...res#Post3432665

I think it is Purolator's failure to acknowledge that BITOG exists, and so many tear pics are piling up here, that has our eyes rolling when we hear "social media".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back