I got a new to me 2011 Impala, advice?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Already I am amazed that when I look outside in the morning and find the Impala is intact in my driveway, and did not spontaneously fall apart into a heap of 1000 pieces overnight, I am relieved. Thank you all.

OK, I have four of the 9th Gen Impala 2009, 2010, and two 2013s. GM is batting .500 and since this is not baseball, that isn't very good. I have a fleet of 25 mostly domestics. 8 Fords, 8 GMs, 7 Mopars. GM is likely in second or tied for third place... but GM has the most repair workorder and is the oldest of the brands in the fleet. Ford is best (also the newest) and Dodge is picking its 3.3 nose out in the field.

So, I can't dig a hole big enough to swallow the 2009 "Limpala". If it is a part bolted to the frame, it has been replaced. The only thing making it useful is the nest of ants that made refuge in it last week. 2010 has been ok. Minor issues but still kicking around. Both are local use an maybe get 900 miles in a month. I would say that 3 of the 4 love to eat their power-steering components.

The two 2013 are a prime example of the two-headed GM monster. The first (#1), 90K without a major issue. Maybe a brake job, but that is it. Trim and everything is holding up well and is a comfortable car. Obviously it was made on a sober day. I did have an instance when a kid to a screwdriver to the door in a dumb-censored attempt to "steal" an Impala. However the Impala won. #1 might be one of my best vehicles in the fleet. Period.

Now, the second Impala (#2) is the reason why some folks will not buy domestic. Constantly in the shop just enough not to be a lemon... and is always "fixable". New tranny at 24K. The list goes on from there. At about 50K miles, folks do not want to use it. Trim is coming off. The best part of the tranny issue was the dealership. After three weeks of waiting while the dealership learned that a transmission was not a toaster oven, we go it back and I sent it for a 2-week trip. Then the harassment calls came from the dealership. You see, they forgot to report a serial number or something to GM (and I assume they were not going to get paid for the warranty work without it)... so their solution was to call my office with the "break your legs loanshark" tactics so that I WOULD BRING THE VEHICLE BACK TO THEM SO THEY COULD PULL THE NUMBER. Ask nicely and I might have done it but....you know my mood after the first dozen calls. I told them they were free to go to western PA to inspect and pull the serial number themselves and/or wait for it to come back and then drive their little service Sonic over an pull the number.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back