I get to do 2 oil changes tomorrow !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Both my Fords are getting near the 5K/6 month interval and I'm off tomorrow and its gonna be sunny and 80 degrees! Both get Motorcraft 5w20 and Motorcraft filters.

Sweet, sounds like fun. Mine will be due in a month or so, Cant hardly contain myself till then.

Lucky you. So which car gets the oil change first? I'll nominate the older car first in line. Enjoy it.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my Saturn is due too, but I'm 150 miles away and I don't plan on going back anytime soon.
frown.gif

oil changes for bitog followers are like meth to a meth addict.
the only drawback of my once a year oci in my vehicles is the fact that i only get to change the oil once a year ;/ its depressing for me that i get my oc fix by reading about other peoples oil changes.
maybe we should make a bitog rule, 6 months oci max like mikemc has. just so we get to do it more often!

Lucky you!

Then again, I can't complain too much since I got to do the same over Labor Day weekend (the Ranger and Dakota; the Malibu is due in a couple of weeks, so no hat trick).

Enjoy.

Quote:

oil changes for bitog followers are like meth to a meth addict.
the only drawback of my once a year oci in my vehicles is the fact that i only get to change the oil once a year ;/ its depressing for me that i get my oc fix by reading about other peoples oil changes.
maybe we should make a bitog rule, 6 months oci max like mikemc has. just so we get to do it more often!

Not me, man. I first started doing annual oil changes. Then the OCI became 1.5 years (somewhere around 12k miles). A few weeks ago was the last oil change and I reused the oil filter because I didn't have a new one. Luckily, Honda recommends changing the filter every second oil change. I just hope it can handle 20k miles.

I am so glad that Mobil 1 exists. Without it I would be wasting a lot more time.

My Mazdaspeed6 got new Penz Platinum last weekend, and the Sport Trac is about 150 miles away. Love spending my saturday mornings showing love in the garage. :)

Congrats. Mine is due in about 300 miles. It's fun to see the "stash" shelf slowly disappear. I have to restrain myself from buying more free oil at O'Reilly. The kids birthdays and Christmas is coming up (I could give them oil for their birthdays!).

Thank goodness for cardboard. I'd like to meet the person who decided on location of the oil filter on a 3.0 Ford !! Oh well, still fun and both Fords have fresh MC 5w20 (the Ranger got it first). My wife wants a new '07 Mustang V6 so I'll soon have an all Blue Oval fleet.

Quote:

Thank goodness for cardboard. I'd like to meet the person who decided on location of the oil filter on a 3.0 Ford !! Oh well, still fun and both Fords have fresh MC 5w20 (the Ranger got it first). My wife wants a new '07 Mustang V6 so I'll soon have an all Blue Oval fleet.

Is it like the 2.3 engine -- sticking straight sideways off of the engine so there's no way to get the thing off without getting an oil-bath if you're not careful? I'd like to meet that designer too...
bop.gif

A close second is the designer who chose the filter location on the 3.9 in my Dakota.
bop.gif

The V-6 Mustang is nice. I rented one a couple of weeks ago when the fleet was in the shop. Lots of pickup -- I don't know that I'd need the V-8 in a daily driver. And I checked, the oil filter on the 6 looks like it's an easy and clean swap.
grin.gif

I have three oil changes coming up.

F150 is 3300 miles into its OCI
Aerostar is about the same
Motorhome is about 5500 miles in and could be changed anytime now.

It's great to look forward to so much fun.

I know what you mean, I started running synthetic in the wifes car, and thoght Id go 6 months or 6000. but come 4000 miles, I need a fix. Ill leave the Hemi at 3000 miles/3 months, simply cause I cant stand it and if I dont change the oil, Ill run out of place to store the new oil. Al Gore would hate me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back