I Found Some Money ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm confused now. I'm 6 foot one, and Caucasian. Does that mean I won't get a check?

Originally Posted by PimTac
It's direct deposit. A small minority will get actual checks.

Originally Posted by paulri
I'm confused now. I'm 6 foot one, and Caucasian. Does that mean I won't get a check?

You have to earn under $75K to get the full $1200. It then tapers off to zero at $90K (maybe its $95K).

If the IRS has a direct deposit routing & account info for you then you get a direct deposit, otherwise you get a check mailed.

HILARIOUS!!!!

LOL!

Without talking politics (this is not intended to discuss the current "how" we came to be getting this money) but talking what the Constitution says... I really almost think this is more like an eminent domain thing. Meaning, we are guaranteed life, liberty, and property against government interference, right? Follow along. So when Gov comes and wants to put a highway (or power lines, or whatever) through your (real estate) property, they have to compensate you for it. Well, labor (your right to work if you so choose) is your property. And they can't just arbitrarily withdraw your ability to find a market for your labor and earn the profits for your labor without compensating you for it. So, they decide, they'll cut us all a check, from our money (taxes), to remove the ability of people to file suit against the government for theft of property without compensation. And then they spin it like they're doing us a favor by giving us our own money back. Or it's also to shut most people up about the 4+ trillion they're giving of our money to big businesses to bail them out (too big to fail, anyone?)

Sure, this theory may be out there, but at least to me, it makes more sense than trying to understand why they're pumping 6+ trillion dollars into an economy where there was already plenty of money in circulation and moving the country much closer to nearly certain default. They certainly aren't sending us money out of the goodness of their hearts nor any real concern for the welfare of their fellow citizens.

Originally Posted by Donald
Is the check signed by Trump? The news said they would be signed by Trump.

w/o getting political have you seen that signature? Worst scribble I've seen in a while.

If it takes until a vaccine is widely distributed and if that takes until sometime in 2022 then we are still in the first half of the first inning of a 9 or more inning game.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

Spoken for TRUTH!

Originally Posted by madRiver
Originally Posted by FT92
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk
Don't judge a man until you have walked a mile in his moccasins.
Let he who is without sin cast the first stone.

amen brother

Normally don't love religious stuff but it totally applies as generality. Agree

Watching milk poured down drain and veggies rotting was terrible in a news bite. I am guessing restaurant/served food demand is down to nothing.

Apologies if this cam off as religious; I am not a religious person. (But I do have a deep respect for all religions.)

Again, apologies if this came off as religious cuz that ain't me.
It's just that I have been on both sides of money and it's waaaaay better to be able to give a little than to need a little.
I am no one to judge anyone, trust me.

Last edited:

paulri drops mike walks off stage.

Priceless, well done sir.
thumbsup2.gif

No Trump bux here yet. We're both still working, will likely donate it directly to someone.

Is the check signed by Trump? The news said they would be signed by Trump.

I think he was told he couldn't have his signature on the endorsment line since he didn't have the authority, which I'm sure brought a tear to his eye.

He WAS able to opt for his name in the "MEMO" line, which at least kept him off twitter for 15 minutes.

I needed my Bush bucks more back then. I can't even go out to dinner with this one!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back