I found GC in Anaheim CA and left some.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been to a bunch of AutoZones in Orange County CA and I'm happy to say that I now own 24 qts. Yippie for me!

I talked to the staff at one store about ordering more and they said they can't order GC or USC; it's luck of the draw. The bar codes are the same but they said that the product ID on the bottles is indeed different. Perplexed and baffled, they were.

Anyway, I bought 6 qts and left 6 for one of my fellow oil junkies that live in the area.

It is the AutoZone at Brookhurst and Lincoln and in particular the NE corner a couple hundred feet from the intersection.

I hid them behind 6 qts of the yellow stuff in the right side row.

The store is open 24 hrs.

I hope someone snags them.

[ September 11, 2003, 09:38 PM: Message edited by: Flashlightboy ]

By George, you have earned your way into the Brotherhood of the Green!
welcome.gif

You guys are like a addict looking for crack. Get off of this got to have this crap thing. There are other oils as good out there,

YFZ,

Geez I knew you were gonna ask me.

Wrestling is on TV right now. Isn't anything sacred?

At the next break I'll check the bottles.

Here are the lot numbers. All of the first numbers were bought at the same store and the all of the remaining numbers were purchased at a different store.

M030426B T/W0504821 1959 x 12 bottles

M030426B T/W0504821 2012 x 5 bottles

M030462B T/W0504821 17_6 x 1 bottle

I'm now forced to come "out of the garage" and confess -- I have been a GC user for 5 months now. In May, I consumed 4.7L of lot # M02338GB784 1621 (as marked on the bottle bottom. I am pleased to say that I have refained from using the last .3L -- zero consumption, no top-up required. I plan on going a 12 month interval until the end of April 2004 at which time I would have expected to have gone 6000km of nothing but short (approx. 7km) daily trips. I will do VOA and UOA at that time.
canada.gif

Flashlight boy. You are nicer than I am. I’ve scoured every store in Fresno and have only scraped up 13 quarts. I left one quart of the GC at one of the stores though (for somebody’s lawn mower). There is still a lot of American produced G-III 0W-30 out there! Boy, now I’ve only got 40 quarts of oil in my garage.

I am a lot disappointed to hear that California, land of the performance machine and the exotic, is low on GC...some things just ought not to be!

Thanks for the tip FLB. Will do a mini road trip up from Irvine to visit this AZ. Hope they're still there but I'm guessing they're not anymore.
grin.gif

Ahhh...Irvine...home of IN-N-Out Burger corporate offices...now if they could just blend a motor oil that would make your exhaust smell like a Double-Double animal style!! (and all the members not familiar with SoCal are going "HUH?")

pscholte,

You've dropped enough hints on this DB that you're still a CA lad, you'd like to return and that you prefer California girls over a John Denver rocky mountain high. Now don't go losing your head over all the excitement!
grin.gif

I must say that I'm impressed with your retained knowledge of the animal style burger. Only a true blue In-n-Out afficionado would know this and appreciate the yumminess.

But can you tell me what makes it "animal style" Mr. Smartie Pants?
tongue.gif

[ September 16, 2003, 11:32 PM: Message edited by: Flashlightboy ]

My wife has makes me get a "protein" In -N-Out. No bun, it has lettuce wrapped around it instead. Not bad, but.....Can't beat a 4X4 animal style (when shes not around) LOL

[ September 17, 2003, 01:19 AM: Message edited by: tenderloin ]

You guys are making me hungry! It's a good thing there's an In-n-Out joint not far from work. Perhaps I'll drop by for lunch. I can smell the fries already.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by kiko:
You guys are making me hungry! It's a good thing there's an In-n-Out joint not far from work. Perhaps I'll drop by for lunch. I can smell the fries already.
grin.gif

Me too!

-

quote:

Originally posted by Flashlightboy:
pscholte,

But can you tell me what makes it "animal style" Mr. Smartie Pants?
tongue.gif

How 'bout: the bun is grilled with mustard, sauteed onions instead of raw, pickles, extra "special sauce"

By the way, at one visit I have had a Triple Triple and a 5 X 5 (to match my friend who had an 8 X 8).

PS Patman, "knowing you" as I do, you would make a perfect IN-N-Out afficianado...unfortunately they are only found in CA, NV and AZ.

[ September 17, 2003, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: pscholte ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back