I found 5qt jugs outside Walmart!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm

Nope. Read and search through some of the old posts here. The parts chains only had the 5+ quart and gallon (4 quart) jugs,and Walmart had the 5 quart jugs,and ALL of Walmart's 5 quart jugs had the Walmart logo on them.

Well I've been changing the oil in the wife's Escape for a while now and until this year we always did AAP or AZ. Jug + quart and filter for her 6qt capacity. Before that it was my G35 and same deal. Have not bought a case of oil in many, many years.

Maybe it was 5+ qt - I don't remember.

Last edited:
Here is my report from Eastern Massachusetts: Five quart jugs of various brands are available at Walmart, Autozone, Advance, OReillys, PepBoys, KMart and Napa. And that's just the big chains, I don't know about all of the other smaller parts stores. Walmart still has all of the big chains beat on price. Depending on the store, and there are many of them, there might be five or six different brands (Mobil, Castrol, Valvoline, Motorcraft, Pennzoil, Supertech) available in various weights (not all), that are priced at $17.50 and under. Mobil Super 5000 can be had for $12.97.

Autozone and Advance (and maybe others) sell the "oil change DIY special" which, IIRC, includes a five quart jug, a filter, an oil pan and a funnel.

Originally Posted By: HangFire
I wonder if everyone here is really distinguishing between 5.0 Quart jugs, and the rest (5 Liter, 5.1 Quarts).

Well Walmart.com makes it too easy to search for 5.0 quart jugs.

Originally Posted By: babbittd
Originally Posted By: HangFire
I wonder if everyone here is really distinguishing between 5.0 Quart jugs, and the rest (5 Liter, 5.1 Quarts).

Well Walmart.com makes it too easy to search for 5.0 quart jugs.

easy maybe but their search engine needs some tweaking...selecting some filters will stifle a search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back