I Flushed My Cooling System with these products ..

Status
Not open for further replies.

FMC

I purchased them from NAPA, from what the Napa guys say it works very well and they sell a ton of it.

It did a very good job of cleaning out the slimy scum that was building up on the inside if the coolant bottle, and I assume elswhere also, flushed out with distilled water and refilled with Motorcraft Gold GO5/Distilled water and poured the conditioner in also.

That conditioner had me thinking after it was poured in, what do you think it is ? Any compatibility issues with GO5 ?

Radiator Flush & Conditioner -

Enviro tek Radiator Flush & Conditioner Overheating still remains the single greatest cause of vehicle breakdowns worldwide. All cooling systems have a built-up of combustion acids. To eliminate corrosion of steel and aluminum you should flush your cooling system at least once a year. This product does not require neutralizing.

Enviro tek Radiator Conditioner will boost coolant levels to exceed ASTM D 1384 and 3306 requirements. Exceeds heavy duty spec ASTM D 4656, 5345 and 4985, Caterpillar EC I, Detroit Diesel and General Motors. Enviro tek is Nitrate, Phosphate, Borate, Silicate and Amino FREE! Add to existing coolant every 12 months or 20,000 miles (30,000 kms). Enviro tek meets all USA, European and Japanese vehicle requirements and is 100% Biodegradable. Also contains new carboxylate technology.

http://envirotekworld.com/HTML/PRODUCTSENVpage2.htm#radiatorflushconditioner

Last edited:
It looks like a company that markets to professional mechanics with flushing machines and is designed to earn them more profit.

Unless someone knows about the ingredients and/or has first hand knowledge, we have no way to judge their quality.

Several marketing statements there raise red flags for me. I.E., their gasoline additive claims that it will allow phase separated gas to remix. Hmmmmmm.

Combustion acids in the coolant???? Maybe in a diesels???? I don't know. Flush your system annually???? Maybe in a high mileage over the road diesel tractor that applies, but not in cars. Again, too many red flags.

I suppose the cleaner may have been o.k. to use if you rinsed it out well. The coolant conditioner makes no sense to me. It doesn't seem to be a bonifide SCA for diesel use and in gas engines, today's coolants are exceptional on their own. I would be concerned about it's effect on the G05 chemistry.

Always be leery of parts counter salesperson advice.

The first red flag I saw was that all cooling systems contain a buildup of combustion acids. Really? How? They're gonna stick with that story? A crankcase maybe, but a cooling system?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back