I feel like I've just committed Bitog sin

2 years ago I noticed a clunking noise which sounded like brake clunking.
Fast forward I hear it on slow moving bumps and uneven terrain.

I think it's the lower ball joint. I don't have any play 12 to 6 but I think the grease has either dried out of is gone. Didn't see any leaking but still.
The upper ball joint had a small amount of grease that had leaked out.

So what did I do?
I had already bought a new OEM lower ball joint and I think the entire UCA has to replaced to change the upper ball joint.
I haven't ever changed a ball joint so mb I'm chickening out.

Anyway I bought a needle for my grease gun and injected a few pumps into the boots both upper and lower...

It just felt wrong... Drive around the block was quiet though...

Why is that a BITOG sin? A lot of manufacturers stopped putting grease zerks on vehicles years ago. Fords in particular were notorious for squeaking steering and suspension components. I used to use needles to puncture grease boots and shoot grease in those troublesome places on customers' vehicles to silence them. Usually having somebody pushing up and down on the vehicle and/or rocking the steering wheel back and forth helped distribute the grease better. The quiet suspension would usually last the customer over the duration of an oil change or two.

Hard to find any that come from the factory with grease fittings unless they have been replaced before. I always do them in pairs my OCD would drive me crazy if I just done one.

A needle on your grease gun will save many hours and hundreds of dollars. I have been using them for many years.

I didn't use alcohol but what should I do/use for bandaid?

I would cover the needle hole area with a tiny amount of glue or superglue ... If you can find it now.
I don't think the hole is big enough for dust & water to easily get in but just in case.

Back