Yes for more than 15 years. I don't need the wife's help but I do it on my own. Saved thousands of $$$ over the last years.
This what I have,
1) Electric Hair Cutter. I used #3 Blue guard cut guide https://www.walmart.com/ip/Wahl-Col...XHFU-L06pSIMTzyMDzAaAhoHEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds
2) A scissor and comb
3) Small mirror
4) Big wall mirror.
The big mirror is a must and small mirror. I used both mirrors for reflection on finishing touches at the back of my head.
1) You don't need to drive and go to a mall hair salon or the barber shop.
2) You don't need to wait in line
3) You don't have to get upset because the hair stylist/barber cut too much of your hair or too little.
4) You don't have to wear that cloth cape that have been used so many times and your only alternative is to wear it
5) No more barber's rubbing alcohol that's smells awful (it's just me) may not apply to others
6) No more tips.
1) It takes a while to get used to cutting your own hair. By the 3rd time, you'll be an expert (this is my own personal recollection)