Match 5​

CA,FL,MI,NJ (2),NY,OH,WI

All Winners​

Match
Total Winners
Prize*
Megaplier Winners
Megaplie

Mega Millions tickets worth $1M sold in N.J. as top prize soars to $850 with no jackpot winner​

Imagine winning that amount of money?

I actually hate getting caught up into thinking about it because it plays with your head.

But what would you even do with that type of money?

I’d take the annuity. That’s too much as a single winner to manage as one lump sum. The annuity gives you some security in case you do real dumb stuff with the first check. I’ll have my wife get a ticket or two today.

I’d take the annuity. That’s too much as a single winner to manage as one lump sum. The annuity gives you some security in case you do real dumb stuff with the first check. I’ll have my wife get a ticket or two today.
There are plenty of options. The single lump sump is by and away the best choice.

You do not have to collect immediately after winning; you should take some time and hire a team to help you manage and safeguard the money.

Yes someone will win. But go to the beach and pick up a grain of sand. Yes a grain of sand will be picked up.....but.....

Imagine winning that amount of money?

I actually hate getting caught up into thinking about it because it plays with your head.

But what would you even do with that type of money?

yep,,,idk what i would do with it for me, but 6 grandkids would could use and one thats disabled needs lots of attention and its exspensive ..special stuff for her...

Knew a guy that had a structured settlement from a childhood injury. Was due $50k at age 23 but was addicted to drugs and JG Wentworth gave him like $25-$30,000 for that $50k so he could get his money 6 months early! Fortunately the lottery annuity is not nearly as penalizing. Lump sum on the right, annuity on the left. In reality I’d probably take the lump sump and put $50-$100 million into a charitable foundation and figure out where the rest should go.

Attachments

• CD32AAC4-C551-4C89-97E0-EE3DABBB00FC.jpeg
    CD32AAC4-C551-4C89-97E0-EE3DABBB00FC.jpeg
    66.7 KB · Views: 278
Last edited:
I really wouldn't want to be the only big winner. Most don't realize the headaches that amount of money will cause to someone.

I play the smaller state lotteries consistently. I figure don't drink or smoke got blow some cash on that.
I just would want enough to not worry about if I can stay employed until retirement .
And buy a nice old MOPAR.

Like the one Beercan posted.

I'd not tell the wife, that's for sure!

Now she's happy if I get her some flowers or jewelry... I could increase the frequency some... Doubt I'll get off so cheap if she knows I'm worth millions

In the mid '80's a coworker's wife won $1,700,000. (that'd be around $47,000,000,000 in today's money, no?)
Everyone at work milled about or stood around him with looks of empty longing.
It was lame and very disappointing to see.

Since I always got along with the guy I approached him and, mimicking Jackie Gleason, said, "Congrats....and I hope you're on speaking terms with the wife. HAW-HAW". The 'HAW-HAW' was The Great One's gag laugh.

Three days later he came over to me and said I was the only one in the building who congratulated him.

To BeerCan: Rent the movie "Glengarry Glenross". It put "steak knives" into my vocabulary.

Back