I can’t seem to find this grind noise issue on my 2011 Honda Accord i4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have this grind noise . It sound kinda like my tires is rub on some kind of plastic . That what it sound like . It only does when I try brake . Also I can also feel my brake pedal kick back .

It's ONLY does when I first drive the car early I the morning . First 30 min braking period . It will make that grind noise . After it all heat up . It drive smooth . No more grind noise .

I took the wheel off and Inspect the brake pad and rotor . All look ok . But while I'm at it , im gone ahead and replace the rotor and brake pad on the front .

Anyway it still give me same problem first 30 min of driving and braking . If I park the car overnight and drive it in the morning it will give me that grind noise .

One I get off work and the weather is really hot , my car drive smooth . If i can't find this . Imma might have to take to the shop . I hope it not wheel bearing or the hub or axle . Those are expensive job .

The noise came from front left .

Sticking Brake Caliper. Or Brake Pin (outer pad) isn't moving freely.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Warstud

I did replace the brake and rotor and Take out the 2 slide pi and clean and lube . All moving freely .

Other day i saw abs light and traction control light on same time . But after I turn off the car and turn back on . I haven't seen it on again . Only light on my dash is passenger air bag off . This light came on and off .

Originally Posted by MetalSlug
Originally Posted by Warstud

I did replace the brake and rotor and Take out the 2 slide pi and clean and lube . All moving freely .

Other day i saw abs light and traction control light on same time . But after I turn off the car and turn back on . I haven't seen it on again . Only light on my dash is passenger air bag off . This light came on and off .

Could be an intermittently sticking caliper. A bad wheel bearing can also turn on the ABS light.

it only happen first 30 min of early in the morning when the weather is cool, if the weather is really hot ( like when i get off work ), it smooth.

Originally Posted by LotI
Have all monitors scanned. An OBDII scanner won't do anything, you need the Honda codes.

i guess i will have to take to the big shops for this

Quick update

I took to first local shop " city garage " the manager that I talk to sound like he have no idea about cars . I saw he recommend valvoline full synthetic 5w30 for a 1995 Cadillac $89 total . Customer ask him about using high miles oil and what the different are . He rely he have no idea and should use full synthetic ....

Ok my turn . I told him about the grind noise when I press the brake gentle for first 30 min of driving . He test drive my cars . He drove fast and brake hard . He did that couple time and he say I have to leave for him couple day. It's saturday now . Then he call one of his tech over. And he start asking question like . Is my rotor look normal .. it's brand new rotor and brake pad I just put on . Anyway I told him let the tech test drive the cars and apply the brake gently. After 2 min driving . The tech came back and found the noise , he say it sound like my abs is activate .

So the manager take over . He start tell me , $120 for checking because it need more time checking and I will have to leave the cars until Monday plus labor and part . He sound like he in a rush and just want sell the product . He talk so much like a car salesman .and not want to help at all .

I came to his shop because of the review on google . Anyway I found another shop have less review but own by independent shop elite auto center and tires . After talk to the owner , I like him a lot , sound like he know what it's and he sound very helpful . He say $80 for checking . But if I repair the problem he will not charge the $80 . He hook up the machine and drove around with his technician . Came back with a code , say something about abs sensor . His tech told him the abs module. But the owner having really good feeling is the sensor . He say let just replace the sensor and see the light came off . He came back in 5 min and told me the bearing is bad . That what cause the grind noise . He took me over and show me what bad . Anyway he replace the whole wheel hub and new abs sensor. $450 which is a lot . But it's what it's , I would rather everything fix in this cars . So I have no worries about , just drive . While at it I ask him if he could install a new Belt , he replace that too and also I have small leak on my new tires I got from Walmart . I was gonna go Walmart after this , but he found a nails in it . He repair that too . I told him about the cash deal
grin2.gif
. He say $450 lol. Save me about $50

My friend came pick me up . After 2 hours it's finish , cars run tight and straight , no more noise . He also show me that part he replace .

$450 is a lot but i found a shop I can take my cars to from now . I like this owner a lot .

So over all for this 2011 Honda Accord . I flush the transmission 3 time drain and fill
New air filter . Cabin filter . New pvc valve , new belt . New front brake and rotor . 4 Set of tires . New front left wheel bearing ... flush brake fluid 4 time . Power steering fluid 5 time .

Only thing left in my mind is new Set of plug and flush the coolant . But will Be in feebly month . But all the important thing is done .

A7E661B7-3849-4E99-9091-827F94D0E6A0.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back