I broke my mouse!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yikes! something went pop inside and the scroll well don't work now. I've had this thing for 3 or 4 years. It was a cheap usb wireless mouse on sale and 50% off on top of that from Newegg. I think I paid $7 or $8 for it. I had no idea that I had become so addicted to a simple feature on a cheap device.
crazy.gif
My new mouse will delivered on 05/01/15 . Thank you Amazon prime...

(Where is the thumb suck emotocon)

For me, I only use Logitech or Microsoft branded keyboards and mice. They just work and are ergonomic.

I went through 3 logitech mice and gave up on them. The cheap MS wireless mouse on sale for $19.95 IIRC is still going strong, I gave it to my son for his desktop. It used the old stick-of-gum sized dongle, not very useful on a laptop.

I still have my original Microsoft wheel mouse optical that I have used extensively over the years. I eventually upgraded to a Logitech G400S about a year ago and it's also a great mouse, but the Microsoft one is tough to beat! I have 3 of them now, just in case.
wink.gif
I found a NOS one on eBay last year that I have as a backup as well. I am not a fan of the cheap Logitech mice, though. I had one give out on me with just a few years use (left click stopped working). Their more expensive offerings are nice though.

I scored my logitec g500 mouse for 29.99 on clearance at some run down walmart while out of town, best buy I've had since my Razer Lachesis that lasted 6 years.

I've been a Logitech trackball user since Christmas 2000. My original wired trackman wheel finally died Aug 2013. Not a bad run.
(I actually still have it... Can't seem to toss it...)
Replaced it with the most equivalent unit they sell now, which is wireless and runs on a single AA battery.
So far so good, still on the original batt even!

Last edited:
Love my Logitech Mx310 corded optical mouse I bought 10 years ago for gaming. I have had to replace the cord with one I liberated from a cheap two button roller mouse.

Originally Posted By: ThirdeYe
I still have my original Microsoft wheel mouse optical that I have used extensively over the years. I eventually upgraded to a Logitech G400S about a year ago and it's also a great mouse, but the Microsoft one is tough to beat! I have 3 of them now, just in case.
wink.gif
I found a NOS one on eBay last year that I have as a backup as well. I am not a fan of the cheap Logitech mice, though. I had one give out on me with just a few years use (left click stopped working). Their more expensive offerings are nice though.

I love the old MS Wheel Mouse Optical! They were very comfortable and super reliable.

I was so happy with my Gigabyte M6900 ($23 on Newegg) at home, I bought one for work. It's a gaming mouse, but it is comfortable and programmable.

I was experiencing wrist pain at work with a normal keyboard and mouse, then I switched to the Microsoft Natural Ergonomic 4000 and the Gigabyte mouse and haven't had any pain since. Both have been in service at work since November 2011 and they are used 8-10hrs daily, when I'm in office.

The ones at home

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I would love to have a nice trackball. I used to have one of these, back in my DOS days. It was a great tool but one of the switches died and I couldn't find a way to repair it. I bought one of these for my wife's laptop . Has poor ratings but hers works well. Unfortunately, I don't have bluetouth on my laptop, but do have it on my cell...

This is the one i had for 12.5 years before it finally died...
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-TrackMan-Marble-Wheel-Mac/dp/B00004L8IG/ref=cm_cr-mr-title

This is what i replaced it with:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0043T7FXE/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_64
Has it's own dongle to connect to your PC.(Logitech Unifying Receiver, will connect up to 6 logitech peripherals at once)

I have a Logitech MX518 at home and work. I have had them for years with flawless performance. I actually bought replacements and hid them away when I heard Logitech was discontinuing them. Have almost literally killed car salesman that have tried to steal mine at work.

Originally Posted By: Oldmoparguy1
I would love to have a nice trackball. I used to have one of these, back in my DOS days. It was a great tool but one of the switches died and I couldn't find a way to repair it. I bought one of these for my wife's laptop . Has poor ratings but hers works well. Unfortunately, I don't have bluetouth on my laptop, but do have it on my cell...

If you like the Kensington trackballs Newegg is going to have the K64325 as their 6pm Shellshocker deal today.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back