i bought some delvac and an FL-1a

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well i got the diesel oil and tractor filter for the jeep 4.0L....
pat.gif
I still have a couple hundred miles left on my auto-rx treatment and then ill swap in the delvac 15w-40 and the new filter. Hoping for a higher warm idle and decrease in the rear main leakage. Sound like a plan? Im guessing this is a dino detergent oil and would be good for at least 3K miles?

Mobil Delvac 1 synthetic is 5W-40.

Delvac is the trade mark name ExxonMobil uses for their Mobil line of diesel engine lube oils. Mobil Delvac 1300 Super is 15W-40 (and a good one, too).

Higney, there's an analysis posted of Delvac 1300S 15W-40 with 26,000 miles on it in a big truck, and the oil is still good for more service. You will get more than 3000 out of it in your Jeep.

Ken

[ February 08, 2003, 08:33 PM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

Very likely. Do an oil analysis at 3-4k. It depends a lot on your driving conditions (long & steady or start & stop?) and engine condition (heavy blowby?)

Ken

[ February 09, 2003, 01:54 PM: Message edited by: Ken2 ]

quote:

Originally posted by Ken2:

Higney, there's an analysis posted of Delvac 1300S 15W-40 . You will get more than 3000 out of it in your Jeep.

Yes agree! If the rings are good this oil is capable of some great intervals. It is also made in a 10/30 although I don't know if it is available in consumer quanities of quarts or gallons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back