I bought my first proper scan tool 🥰

It's an Autel MaxiCOM MK808
Lightly used, about 4 months old, still with the plastic on it, for $320
In hindsight, that's not too terribly much of a savings over a brand new one, but it's still a savings, and I wanted it 😳
I feel I've peaked with my beloved FORScan and knockoff Techstream
I want to bleed ABS pumps
I want to program key fobs
Apparently this thing can do it
I spent the entire afternoon updating it, because it was behind
I then took it outside and tried it on some stuff

PXL_20220603_210445980~2.jpg

PXL_20220604_020545058~2.jpg

Peeling 🙂

PXL_20220603_211543677.jpg

Sorted from most to least reliable? 😅
PXL_20220603_223520811.jpg

Actual live TPMS data on a 2020 XT4

PXL_20220604_023010691.jpg

All modules communicating on a 2001 Villager

PXL_20220604_023134713.jpg

Bidirectional controls of all 3 cooling fan speeds on said 2001 Villager

I was hoping for ABS bleeding, but it doesn't have an automated wizard for the Villager

Just individual control of all solenoids, and master pump on/off

My dad's work 2010 Prius has a spongy pedal, and the pump is running too often IMO, I'll have to see what this can do to address that

It offered key/remote programming on the xB and Camry

I have some friends and co workers with a 2000 Eldorado and a 2006 Sonata that'd pay mildly for a keyfob

The sky's the limit now

I'm coming for you Ivan and Eric O 🫡

Attachments

• PXL_20220604_023010691.jpg
    PXL_20220604_023010691.jpg
    136.3 KB · Views: 29
Congrats on your purchase, I got 2 eDiag cheapies. Plug in scanner & plug in bluetooth adaptor and both served me well

Attachments

• 20220112_104715.jpg
    20220112_104715.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 19
There is programming of a key fob when you have two working working and when you have one working. Programming with two working is much less demanding.
I didn't know it mattered when you use a scan tool
I'm familiar with cars that have on board programing that requires two working fobs
But if there's no on board programming, and a scan tool is required, I didn't think it would matter what you had
Time will tell

I bought the Bluedriver because it was inexpensive and had good reviews. But ... it fails to impress (maybe my expectations were too high for $125 CDN). They pay for themselves quickly but would rather have something more comprehensive.

Thanks for the review.

That tool is heads over the Snap Ons....I will never buy another Snap On scanner.
I heard back in the old days, the MT2500 was a seriously powerful tool
But the later screen based stuff really dropped the ball
My inner IT man cringed when I saw the Win CE/XP underpinnings well into the 7 era 😳
The personality keys seem real nickel and dimeing to me

I heard back in the old days, the MT2500 was a seriously powerful tool
But the later screen based stuff really dropped the ball
My inner IT man cringed when I saw the Win CE/XP underpinnings well into the 7 era 😳
The personality keys seem real nickel and dimeing to me

I still own a MT2500, And for certain things....Still can't be beat by any aftermarket scan tool. Was working on a 2002 Chevy K2500 just the other day that had T-Case Encoder Motor issues, My Autel Elite nor my Snap-on Solus Ultra would scan the T-Case Module....But the old "Red Brick" would.
Of coarse my GM Tech 2 would've done it, But I don't pull it out unless I have to because they're somewhat fragile & expensive to repair.

Snap-on hasn't used personality keys in quite some time, My Solus Ultra is 8 years old & doesn't use keys.

In some way's I like the Solus over my Autel, There's not a week goes by I don't have to reboot the Autel, Rarely do I need to reboot the Solus.
The Solus is faster in just about every way.
If the Solus lists a special function, It will work 99.9% of the time. The Autel is hit & miss.
Data PID graphing is FAR superior to the Autel.

But for the price....The Autel is a fantastic machine, Especially considering the included J2534 Box is awesome & most OE's have a wrapper for it.

I won't be purchasing anymore new Snap-on scan tools or updating my existing machines, The cost vs value just isn't there.

Nice scanner. I finally broke down last year and bought a better scanner than what I had previously. I bought the Thinktool Pros, the same one that Ivan with Pine Hollow uses in most of his videos. It's pretty nice and does a ton of stuff. I was able to program a new key fob for my daughter's 2010 Chevy Cobalt and it helped me diagnose a bad RR wheel sensor on my friend's 2017 Ford F350.

It still wouldn't change the tire size in the maintenance section of the tool on my 2014 Mustang GT but then again, I couldn't find where to change it in Forscan either. It's definitely nice to have a scan tool that can do a lot more things than the cheaper ones do.

Where did you pick that up from? I borrow one from The Critic, an Autel MS906 but I’ve been looking into eventually getting my own, more than likely the MK808 or TS608(a mix of the MK808 and the TS508) for its TPMS capabilities and have the local Mexican tire shop install sensors after programming new ones. However, the Autel TPMS tools can only write to their sensors, certain models can unlock Conti/VDO Redi-Sensors.

Slightly OT, but I started the G Body after it's winter hibernation, and found my OTC 2000 in the back seat
View attachment 103205
LIVE D A T A for 1983 🤷‍♂️
In this case, RPM and MCS dwell

I haven't messed with a Mixture Control Solenoid equipped QuadraJet in many years other than throwing them away. I can't be convinced that electronic control of the primary metering rods is superior to vacuum control.

Back