I bought my first proper scan tool 🥰

I use my Autel Elite during test drives away from my WiFi just about everyday without issue. Have you checked the settings? Reboot the tool?

Mine is almost a year out of update/subscription, It asks me to update the tool once a day, I press cancel.

So how many of these scanners can use a wire and not RF or wifi to connect? It always says do not use a wireless connection for doing ECU upgrades. I personally cant stand wifi anything.

Using Bluetooth for Scanning/Data Logging/Coding works really well! Programming/Reprogramming modules isn't a function that aftermarket Scan Tools have. Forscan is the exception in some of it's ability....But it's Ford only software.

Do all of your autels require to be online while using? We have a nice one at work, but ever since one tech got ahold of it and took it home it will not work unless online. We don’t have access to our wifi at work so we can’t get it online which renders it useless. You can tell it you’re online, but it figures it out after a couple more screens. You can tell it you are not online and it automatically stops progress.
It needs to be online for updating and some manufacturer specific functions. otherwise they work fine off line. I use it for almost everything with the BT dongle, the nice thing with that is you can use it under the hood to see how things react while checking things.

Reactions: wtd
Using Bluetooth for Scanning/Data Logging/Coding works really well! Programming/Reprogramming modules isn't a function that aftermarket Scan Tools have. Forscan is the exception in some of it's ability....But it's Ford only software.
Sure they can, watch Pine Hollow auto diagnostics. I only want hard wired things, the less RF we are exposed to the better.

Do all of your autels require to be online while using? We have a nice one at work, but ever since one tech got ahold of it and took it home it will not work unless online. We don’t have access to our wifi at work so we can’t get it online which renders it useless. You can tell it you’re online, but it figures it out after a couple more screens. You can tell it you are not online and it automatically stops progress.
Makes that brand look like junk. No wifi when your driving for miles trying to trouble shoot a problem.
I just want a decent scan tool that DOES NOT REQUIRE ME TO JOIN A CLUB, AND GIVE OUT MY INFORMATION.
And be all set up and ready to go. I do not want constant upgrades or nothing.

Congrats on your purchase, I got 2 eDiag cheapies. Plug in scanner & plug in bluetooth adaptor and both served me well
I have something similar, (Foxwell NT301). If I was more computer savvy, I would like to get a better one like the OP has.

Just ordered Autel MK8088bt for just over 500. Will be here Wednesday. Needed crank learn and throttle learn as I installed new ecm. Thinkscan wants 30 a year for each item. I purchased gear learn which works but decided to put the other 30 on a new scanner.

Back