I ate Dog and Horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
First of all, If you like Lamb, then you will like Dog. they taste the same but Dog is really expensive. People think that its the dogs people have for pets.. its not.. its a special kind of dog for eating .. and they look like greyhounds with silver coats.. its wierd. Yes, it was in Korea, it was expensive and it was good.

Horse.... they serve it raw. You can't even taste anything, its expensive, ate it in Japan.

The End.

What an odd thread. If you touch my dogs, you had better be able to outrun my .357 bullet
itschy.gif

Its ok. Everybody in Korea knows that We Americans make fun of them. AFter I ate the dog, my AUnt and Uncle told me not to tell my American friends. Oh well,, its good enough to share. haha

My oldest brother has hunted in Africa and he claims that Warthog is very tasty.... ugly as sin but tasty.

I have never had the chance to find out so I have to take his word for it.

I can't stand the smell of raw horse, it is a sickly sweet smell, and whenever I've been to a knackery, I almost heave.
Apart from the fact we have and breed horses, and SWMBO is one of the top dressage riders here, I don't think I could ever eat it.
Same goes for dog, yet I've probably eaten and enjoyed things that others would find (philosophically) distasteful, such as Kangaroo.
I tend not to eat the flesh of any animal these days, and I used to run a cattle property (US=ranch)
I think I'm getting sentimental in my dotage...

^^^^^ I saw the videos "Faces of Death" and I was a Vegetarian for 3 months..... but it was a rental... i gotta buy it..so i can be a vegetarian for life. it showed every single detail of Cattle slaughter, Chicken, rabbit, slaughter.. it was nasty.

quote:

Originally posted by Korean_redneck:
^^^^^ I saw the videos "Faces of Death" and I was a Vegetarian for 3 months..... but it was a rental... i gotta buy it..so i can be a vegetarian for life. it showed every single detail of Cattle slaughter, Chicken, rabbit, slaughter.. it was nasty.

When I was young (under 10), we would go to my dad's parents nearly every fall for pig butcherings. We got to watch the whole thing, from start to finish. It was a whole-day affair, it would still be dark in the morning when the shot the pigs and be getting dark again by the time they were packaging up the scrapple and 'pudding' from the kettle-meats. Never got to watch a cow butchering, but my father grew up on a farm and helped out on a few.

Hasn't changed my stance on eating pigs, though - I still love them!

When I was 15, my geography and Religious Education teacher was telling me about her year in Malaysia, boarding with a Malay family.

She was explaining that they had this dog, and everyone would give a little at the end of their meal to the dog, and it would scavenge for the rest.

Her last night there, they had a feast, with the neighbours around as well, and had a slap up feast with huge amounts of meat in the curries and what-not.

Thoroughly enjoyed the meal, and saved some precious meat scraps for the dog...

I have an English Mastiff/ Great Dane Mix that would feed the family for quite some time in an emergency. He goes about 250# right now and still growing. Guess we will have to keep feeding him the good food to fatten him up.

quote:

Originally posted by automated1:
I have an English Mastiff/ Great Dane Mix that would feed the family for quite some time in an emergency. He goes about 250# right now and still growing. Guess we will have to keep feeding him the good food to fatten him up.

Wouldn't a dog like that be more likely to eat you than you eat it?
lol.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back