I ate Dog and Horse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by Calvin:
My oldest brother has hunted in Africa and he claims that Warthog is very tasty.... ugly as sin but tasty.

I have never had the chance to find out so I have to take his word for it.

Tried wild boar when I was a kid. No biggie, it's still pork meat....just an undomesticated pig. Actually, your common farm grown pig/hog all descended from the wild boar.

Frogs on the other hand(frog legs)taste just like...chicken.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by vwoom:
Tried wild boar when I was a kid. No biggie, it's still pork meat....just an undomesticated pig. Actually, your common farm grown pig/hog all descended from the wild boar.

I've had it too, It was better than regular pork. It may have a lot to do with where they live and what they eat. IIRC, the limit on wild boar in California at the time was 1 per day, all year. I didn't understand the 1 per day part.

I came around a corner on my motorcycle on Calevaras Road a about miles outside Milpitas one day to see 5 wild boar crossing the road. They all stopped and turned to face me like they were saying, "Your move". Being less than 100 feet away and not sure If I could turn around from where I was stopped without a double cut of a u-turn, I waited and they lost interest and trotted off into the brush.

quote:

Originally posted by XS650:
I've had it too, It was better than regular pork. It may have a lot to do with where they live and what they eat..

Yep. It is better than reg pork meat..

Now that's what you call real organically grown pork.
wink.gif

XS650,
Australia exports a lot of wild pig to Europe, having recreation hunters obtain the meat, sell it to chillers, and off it goes. No Oz market for it at all.

We had an apprentice fitter at work (clearing $300/week) who went pig hunting, not with a rifle, but a 12" knife.

His dogs would "lug" them (grab their ear), and he'd finish them with the knife.

He found he could clear $250 a day.

We lost a good apprentice.

quote:

Frogs on the other hand(frog legs)taste just like...chicken

Yes, thats what I tried to explain to my friend in Virginia and they though I was joking, because people say "it taste like chicken" too often and it means literally nothing now.

To me it is a hybrid taste between fish and chicken, or a fishy chicken with no fat content at all.

Originally Posted By: Korean_redneck
First of all, If you like Lamb, then you will like Dog. they taste the same but Dog is really expensive. People think that its the dogs people have for pets.. its not.. its a special kind of dog for eating .. and they look like greyhounds with silver coats.. its wierd. Yes, it was in Korea, it was expensive and it was good.

Horse.... they serve it raw. You can't even taste anything, its expensive, ate it in Japan.

The End.

In the last 12 months there has been over a dozen horses killed and the meat is sold on the black market to restaurants...About 8 people have been arrested so far...Horses were being chopped up while they were still alive and right in front of other horses...Some older horses were killed right in front of their mothers...That is really sad...The bulk of the killings were on farms in Southwest Miami Dade in the Redlands area.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back