I am so dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't like admitting this.
I ran a vehicle health report on the Escape. It said it had low oil pressure and not charging.
That made me have a Fred Sanford moment.
shocked.gif

NO idiot lights on.

Then it hit me, I did the report with the car in accessory mode.
It has to be running when you do that. Good Grief, what a bone head.
eek.gif

Of course it would say that.
Everything is fine after I started the car then ran the report.

How does one go about running a "vehicle health report"?....is this a dealer service thing?

That's better than me. I put my thermostat housing back on and let it dry 24 hours only to find out I had let the wire connecter for the ECT sensor fall behind it and I couldn't get it out. I had to take the housing off again and redo my work.

Or even worse, I inspected what seems like miles of wiring in my truck looking for a broken wire that wasn't broken. I tested for power to my fuel pump with a test light and didn't get any power, but not because of a broken wire. It was because I didn't have a good ground on my test light. My truck was down for 3 months while I diagnosed in my spare time. I felt like a freaking idiot

On BITOG if this didn't happen at a dealer you get a pass. That's the way it works on here......

Just this morning my wife rushes through in a huff saying we need to get the garbage out to the street. Being helpful I offer to go move the truck out of the garage to make it easier for her to roll it out. I get out of the truck as she comes back and something's not right. Ours is the only can out on the street....... The garbage runs on Tuesday!
So I listen to a crazy lady, and aid and abet her delusion, which means I'm....crazy. But at least now I understand how it was that Adam bit into that dang apple.

Another entry for the retirement chronicles.

Originally Posted By: chiefsfan1
I don't like admitting this.
I ran a vehicle health report on the Escape. It said it had low oil pressure and not charging.
That made me have a Fred Sanford moment.
shocked.gif

NO idiot lights on.

Then it hit me, I did the report with the car in accessory mode.
It has to be running when you do that. Good Grief, what a bone head.
eek.gif

Of course it would say that.
Everything is fine after I started the car then ran the report.

Even I make mistakes.

Everyone has a bone head moment.

I was trying to show my SIL how to change oil and filters, and especially pointed out that one should make sure the old filter ring didn't stick up in the filter housing.

He started up the car and drove out of the garage leaving a trail of oil out into the driveway.

Oh, well, he got two oil changes that day and learned a valuable lesson: Listen to the old man.
grin2.gif

Reminds me of when I wanted to clean the corrosion off of the positive battery terminal on the Matrix with the Rural King - Exide battery. Used baking soda and water which made a mess. I see a fair amount of the mess collected on the battery tray. Disconnect the battery and take it out. Clean up the mess and reconnect. Now the car runs terrible like it's going to stall out.

I thought maybe some of the water had been taken in since the air intake pipe is right there. Find out later there is a idle relearn procedure. Which is just letting it idle for four minutes. Whew! Minor thing turned into something more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back