I am no longer promiscuous

Status
Not open for further replies.
My days of experimenting with different brands and viscosities are now pretty much at an end. I am using Shell Rotella Syn 5w-40 in all my internal combustion engines, ranging from a 2003 GMC Duramax diesel to an old Infiniti Q-45, a 32 year old BMW air cooled twin motorcycle, and even my Generac air cooled 15 kw back-up generator. The viscosity range allows the use of this oil throughout year here in cool Vermont.

I have about 25 gallons hoarded away.

The sad thing about looking for the Holy Grail is that, if you find it, there is nothing more to do.
smile.gif

Well you certainly made a wise choice in oil! Now it time to purchace some new toys, toys that require different grades of oil. Nothing drastic mind you, just something maybe that needs 5W20 or 5W30. Or maybe stock up on lighter weight oils and be your family/neighborhood oil change guy at a decent price. I change the oil in most of my families cars and even their lawn equipment, especially the unmarried women in the family(young neices, divorced sisters/sister-in-law). Sometimes my payment is a good home cooked meal. Lezangna usually works. Can't spell it, but it sure eats pretty good!
cheers.gif

quote:

My days of experimenting with different brands and viscosities are now pretty much at an end.

Shhh!!!!
nono.gif
We might have to listen to endless dialog about "universal oils that are heavily cross spec'd".
grin.gif

RTS is a screaming steal...only topped if M1 TD is cheap enough (if it ever shows up around here). If I had to choose one synthetic for all my needs, RTS would probably be it ..if for nothing else then the price.

..but be careful.. What does a knight in shining armor do once he's found the holy grail? Doesn't have much of a purpose, does he
dunno.gif

offtopic.gif

quote:

Originally posted by Gary Allan:
..but be careful.. What does a knight in shining armor do once he's found the holy grail? Doesn't have much of a purpose, does he
dunno.gif

Concentrate on finding damsels, a knight's true purpose!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back