I almost cracked.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
OK, so my 4.3 base PU truck has nearly 10k on the gold GC and I am waiting for the OLM to pop and call for an oil change. I got so nervous I started getting everything together to do an oil change. Right before starting I decided to take a close look at the oil on the dipstick. Studying it on a white paper towel made me realize that the GC is no where close to being wrecked - he-ll it's only brown at 9900 miles! I guess I'm still used to the M1; at 9900 miles that stuff would be crude oil again! So I fold up my little tent and wait patiently for the OLM.

CONGRATS on a great run with the Elixer! I like the mental image of you folding up your little tent and waiting patiently for the OLM...kind of like a little guy waiting patiently for Santa...
grin.gif

Hats off to you double! I have cracked 3 times now at 3,000 miles with my GC and even sent in UOAs with TBN. The UOAs were so good I could have just poured new oil in and gotten the same UOA as a VOA at 3,000 miles. This oil is great stuff! I'm gritting my teeth with Amsoil and I'm only at 2,090 miles!
grin.gif

dv, another congrats! Takes a lot of courage to not dump oil so "soon". But, armed with facts (that G.C. is THAT good), I bet you're not worried about long OCI's at all...

quote:

Originally posted by ToyotaNSaturn:
...But, armed with facts (that G.C. is THAT good),...

And for those that are not convinced that the Elixer is THAT good, you need to read both of Terry's comments here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back