I-15 in Socal shut down again

This is the main artery between Vegas and Los angelas. Millions of cars daily with Sunday being the busiest. Shut down due to a fire.
People are driving all over trying to find alternate routes. Those will plug up soon also.
Screenshot_20210829-140029.jpg

It is the main connection from the desert to Inland civilization. You need to go way out to the 14 to the 5 or through the mountains. No easy alternative.
to give you an idea 3million cars would be 35 cars/trucks/etc passing by every second of the day.

Have you ever had 105 cars go past in 3 seconds?

I wasnt saying it wasnt a busy or important highway just that Millions seemed high.

That part of the country have few major parallel roads.

One big accident, fire, police activity , etc... will cause a major disruption in vehicle traffic.

Last edited:
to give you an idea 3million cars would be 35 cars/trucks/etc passing by every second of the day.

Have you ever had 105 cars go past in 3 seconds?

I wasnt saying it wasnt a busy or important highway just that Millions seemed high.
Yeah you’re probably right. It’s not that busy 24/7. It has to be up there as one of the busiest passes in the US. I lived in the High Desert and it is the worst when you are almost trapped up there when the freeway closes. The alternatives take so long when everyone else is trying to use them too.

Attachments

• 8EC3B687-A81E-42E9-8D3E-9960FBC4CBAE.jpeg
    8EC3B687-A81E-42E9-8D3E-9960FBC4CBAE.jpeg
    170.5 KB · Views: 14