Hyundai's Success

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: aaxb970
Love the Genesis!

On the Genesis 4.6 that my dad and I looked at, I liked everything except the suspension.

Originally Posted By: UberxG
Great video !!

Oh yeah, I must give credit to LT4 Vette for discovering this video!

11.gif

I love the Waffle House, but I'm not sure I want the people who work there putting my cars together. That said I'd buy a Hyundai long before I bought a Toyota or Honda.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Is the Genesis couple rear wheel drive????? Killer looking car!!!!!

Yes.

My daughter bought a Sonata 4 cyl 18 months ago. It cost $14,800 + tax etc. After 21,000 miles, no problems. It has 6 airbags, ABS, and electronic stability control XM radio. The suspension is a little soft like an old American sedan.

I drove the V6 Sonata 1,200 miles last spring in AZ and UT and enjoyed it. I have a Volvo S40, Ford Taurus and Toyota RAV4. Not much flash, but the Sonata is the nicest all around driving car in our family. I feel like we got good bang for the buck.

I drove and liked the Sonata. If it had 4wd, I would have it in the driveway. So, I bought a Kia Sportage instead.
Tons of car for the money. Getting better every year. Can't say that about some 'other' automakers.

The only question I have, will it take Indian and Chinese automakers 20 years to do the same?

I think that certain Japanese automakers are slowly losing touch with the market. One word for Honda/Toyota/Nissan.... quit with the bloat!

Originally Posted By: unDummy
I drove and liked the Sonata. If it had 4wd, I would have it in the driveway. So, I bought a Kia Sportage instead.

The Highlander is gone?

I would not hesitate buying any Hyundai that meet my needs at the time. thumbs up.

their fuel consumption leaves a lot to be desired - either their tuning is [censored] or they fudge the government figures.

Diversification seems to work for everyone but the west.

Look at my current town's "Small Arms Factory" developed in the early 1900s to help Oz be self sufficient in firearms.

When we weren't at war, they made sewing machines, gearbox components for international manufacturers, investment castings for power stations, sporting firearms etc etc.

They kept their skills up, and made money.

When they were restricted back to military small arms, and tenders for Police, they went under.

Diversified companies can ride out troughs in one or another of their areas.

This type of factory model is the successful automotive blueprint for the 21st century. Ford has similar factories offshore and is already well along into the game. GM will soon follow when they re-structure. But a flexible workforce coupled with a flexible manufacturing facility is the key to success.

The old style single product line factories with ridgidly controlled work force rules will be completely displaced by this style of manufacturing. I have several clients in the Hyundai supplier tier. Most have built small feeder plants around that one.

So, since they can make a complete car in 24 hours there would that fall under "buy American" ?? It would be interesting to see how much American supplier content is in one of their vehicles.

Critic, the Highlander isn't gone. It gets it workout as a city commuter and people mover--3 rows of seats used regularly.

Sportage is for the teen. Gotta break it in for her. What was destined to be her 1st vehicle(my ol' Bronco) was smashed into by a little old lady that didn't see it. Still don't understand how someone doesn't see a full size SUV, described by all as visual eye sore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back