Hyundai TCM reset adaptive values?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,
I have a 2019 Santa Fe - I just did 3 drain and fills on the auto 8 speed trans. I wanted to reset the transmission TCM values for shifting.
Does anyone know of any affordable software or apps that can do this?
I have downloaded Torque Pro and used a bluetooth OBD2 and can't find anything in Torque to do this.
I also downloaded Car Scanner ELM OBD2 Pro as well and can not find it in here.

Hoping anyone has any luck with this.
The shifting feels strange with the new fluids- so I thought a rest would help.

Thanks again.

It is probably a Hyundai proprietary software, similar to what Volvo has called VIDA, which can reset adaption and fluid counter after changing fluid.

Hyundai's GDS can be found on Amazon for reasonable. LINK

You'll have to download the software to a laptop or Windows tablet as well, but I believe that is free. What fluid did you use? If you used a multi-vehicle ATF, replacing it with OEM fluid might be a cheaper option.

Hyundai's GDS can be found on Amazon for reasonable. LINK

You'll have to download the software to a laptop or Windows tablet as well, but I believe that is free. What fluid did you use? If you used a multi-vehicle ATF, replacing it with OEM fluid might be a cheaper option.
Yes, but
  • GDS VCI Operating System: Windows XP

I don't think the battery disconnect works on newer model cars.
Thanks everyone - - - Windows XP is a tough find.

@nicholas go to settings> vehicle options> set your car connection profile here, in my case its "KIA OPTIMA /K5 4 (JF) 2016+ alternative"

now connect to OBD2 to the car. There is an option somewhere, i forget exactly, that allows you to access "special functions." I think its in settings or under my cars, vehicle options, or connection. It also might be on the main page home screen.

This is the developers site, https://www.carscanner.info/hyundai-kia-service-functions/

From their FAQ:
1) “Coding and service” does not appear. What to do?
In order for the “Coding and Service” item to appear, you need to: select one of the connection profiles for Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, Seat (which one is not important) and connect to the car.

Even though its audi, the app works the same for when you select kia/hyundai.

BTW, to reset it your car must be: Engine OFF, Car ON. Then it prompts you to turn off the car fully, then start the engine.

@nicholas go to settings> vehicle options> set your car connection profile here, in my case its "KIA OPTIMA /K5 4 (JF) 2016+ alternative"

now connect to OBD2 to the car. There is an option somewhere, i forget exactly, that allows you to access "special functions." I think its in settings or under my cars, vehicle options, or connection. It also might be on the main page home screen.

This is the developers site, https://www.carscanner.info/hyundai-kia-service-functions/

From their FAQ:
In order for the “Coding and Service” item to appear, you need to: select one of the connection profiles for Audi, Volkswagen, Skoda, Seat (which one is not important) and connect to the car.

BTW, to reset it your car must be: Engine OFF, Car ON. Then it prompts you to turn off the car fully, then start the engine.
Thanks a lot.

From their FAQ:

Thanks.....got in there. Plugged everything in and.......
It says code invalid after i press the reset button.
Ah crumbs.

As a side note guys the app is great.
It pulled the auto trans temps on both of our cars. Sonething torque pro could not do.

Thanks.....got in there. Plugged everything in and.......
It says code invalid after i press the reset button.
Ah crumbs.
try a different connection profile if possible.

EDIT: not supported but it will probably come with an update. Maybe reach out to developer.
Engine and powertrain

• 1. Reset automatic transmission adaptation (4-speed AT)
    Compatibility: Hyundai/Kia with 4-speed Automatic Transmission with CAN bus (A4CF0, A4CF1, A4CF2). Compatibility depends on installed transmission control unit.
    Required conditions: ignition: ON, engine NOT started.
  • 2. Reset automatic transmission adaptation (6-speed AT)
    Compatibility: Hyundai/Kia with 6-speed Automatic Transmission A6MF1/2/3, A6GF1/2/3, A6LF1/2/3. Compatibility depends on installed transmission control unit.
  • 3. Reset engine control unit adaptations
    Compatibility confirmed with: Kia Picanto TA.

try a different connection profile if possible.

EDIT: not supported but it will probably come with an update. Maybe reach out to developer.
Engine and powertrain

• 1. Reset automatic transmission adaptation (4-speed AT)
    Compatibility: Hyundai/Kia with 4-speed Automatic Transmission with CAN bus (A4CF0, A4CF1, A4CF2). Compatibility depends on installed transmission control unit.
  • 2. Reset automatic transmission adaptation (6-speed AT)
    Compatibility: Hyundai/Kia with 6-speed Automatic Transmission A6MF1/2/3, A6GF1/2/3, A6LF1/2/3. Compatibility depends on installed transmission control unit.
  • 3. Reset engine control unit adaptations
    Compatibility confirmed with: Kia Picanto TA.
Thanks I tried every possible profile and have sent the developer 3 messages.
Nothing works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back