Hyundai Sonata transmission drain plug size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is this a 24mm socket on an '05? I had bought a socket but my darling wife didn't know what it was and pitched it. Anyone know?

John

Originally Posted By: John_K
Is this a 24mm socket on an '05? I had bought a socket but my darling wife didn't know what it was and pitched it. Anyone know?

John

If it's anything like the one on my Sedona, then yes, the tranny drain plug is 24mm. FWIW, 15/16" also works. My oil drain plug is 17mm. Make sure you do not lose the crush washer for the tranny drain plug, because I have yet to find a shop that carries one. I've re-used mine many times without issue.

Originally Posted By: Klutch9

If it's anything like the one on my Sedona, then yes, the tranny drain plug is 24mm. FWIW, 15/16" also works. My oil drain plug is 17mm. Make sure you do not lose the crush washer for the tranny drain plug, because I have yet to find a shop that carries one. I've re-used mine many times without issue.

Ok thanks. I thought that's what it was but I was in a coma two years ago and sometimes I can't quite remember things.

Originally Posted By: John_K
Except that's for the oil.

I looked all over for it. I give up.
frown.gif

Both of my Hyundai manual trans have a 15/16ths drain plug. [censored] design too as it has a very thin head and easily gets rounded. Need to order a new one for the Gen Coupe as I change that fluid once a year.

Yep. It was 24mm / 15/16" on the F4A51 AT in my 2008 Santa Fe. I used a crescent wrench on it. Mine had an annoying aluminum tab right up close to the hex that prevented you from getting the average tool over the plug. I did away with this tab. Nice easy trans to do drains/fills on. They'll last a long time if you do so too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back