Hyundai Slapped With $17.35 Million Fine For Delay

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
hahaha, no problem, man! Frankly the sales numbers are laughable, too. Our neighbor has the super duper genesis type R sedan with the 429 very small horses under the hood. I dusted him so bad he turned the key thinking his car had stalled!

There's definitely something wrong with the way Hyundai estimates its power ratings.
They must be taking a page out of the book of the Italians.

Then again, maybe the same team that estimates their fuel economy numbers are also the same ones who estimate the hp ratings.
wink.gif

BC.

We had a huge discussion here with the drag racers about the low ET of that car in particular. It simply did not perform like it should. Since Hyundai always sells "specs" I am sure their marketing department came up with those HP numbers...

Originally Posted By: dishdude
Originally Posted By: ls1mike
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
Maybe you could make a case for Hyundai's drivers being smarter than GM's clients, but that's about it...

Hey let's not get personal...
smile.gif
laugh.gif

This is actually a good point, if you read the details of many accidents involving the Cobalt the drivers were in their teens and early 20's - prime candidates for a low cost car like the Cobalt. The Genesis driver is typically going to be older, more mature and more responsible of a driver.

Indeed. I still can't believe the way folks read a headline but forget the details...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back