Hyundai Part No.: 26300-35505 Oil filter OEM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Would anyone have an opinion about the max safe mileage I could get out of a factory Hyundai oil filter / Hyundai Part No.: 26300-35505. Thanks. Running it in a 2020 Santa Fe.

In Canada, while under warranty, 3750 miles.
More frequent oil changes recommended for Hyundai's, imo.
What does your manual say for your location?

In USA I believe it’s around 7500 miles. I’d really prefer to run. Fram ultra for 20k or so but I think Hyundai wants people to use their factory filters. I’m changing the oil every 4k. Costco Synthetic 5W-30 6qts. Yes I know that is .9 qts over the factory spec. Been doing it since new. No issues.

Reactions: JC1
You can use whatever aftermarket filter you'd like, including the XG9688 etc if you want to extend past the OEM maximum allowable OCI of 7500 for the filter service usage. I wouldn't push the OEM filter past 7500 mi. There is no official documentation, I can find, that recommends going past that point, regardless of Forum opinions.

Hyundai cannot mandate usage of their filters. This has been discussed ad nauseum.

Based on the post use anecdotes posted I'd say ~6k miles easily doable. I think 7500 would be the max out point, imo.

I will say I've seen some Hyun/Kia OF anecdotes where the oil on the filter internals appeared almost like from a diesel engine. I think I might be more concerned about oci than fci based on that. All that said, regardless of filter choice, under warranty 'I' would follow OM fci recs, especially with Hyun/Kia warranty.

I run them around 7k. My 2017 Elantra has the multipoint injection, not GDI, so it’s a bit easier on the oil. On the MyHyundai site, my OCI is listed as 7500, not the 3750 severe service intervals. If you’re car is GDI, I’d keep the changes at 5k.

L8R,
Matt

If I owned a Hyundai and it had gdi I would be inspecting the filter at 3-4 intervals first to see what they catch before extending OCI. Trying to run something longer may be a foolish move long term.

Yes I’m sticking with an OCI of 4K max. The issue is with the splash guard. It has already been trashed by a local shop doing an oil change. I may try the Fram ultra and a fluid extractor. I’ve just heard stories of Hyundai trying to deny cover if factory oil filters aren’t used.

I’ve just heard stories of Hyundai trying to deny cover if factory oil filters aren’t used.
Tell your dealer that per the Magnuson–Moss Warranty Act that if Hyundai requires you to use their filters to maintain warranty, then Hyundai must provide the filter for free.

It's also about the use of aftermarket parts.
The only glitch there is if an aftermarket part can be proved to have caused damage, then the automaker can certainly deny the warranty on the damage. They will tell you to go make the aftermarket part maker pay for it.

The only glitch there is if an aftermarket part can be proved to have caused damage, then the automaker can certainly deny the warranty on the damage. They will tell you to go make the aftermarket part maker pay for it.
Yes, of course. And rightfully so.

I use the 35505 filter which I bought 6 of on amazon along with the crush washers. I have a turbo GDI engine so I change my oil btw 3k and 4k depending on my driving style and use castrol or mobil 1 0w40. Some may say this is overkill but at $26 dollars an oil change its worth it especially since fuel dilution can be an issue.

In USA I believe it’s around 7500 miles. I’d really prefer to run. Fram ultra for 20k or so but I think Hyundai wants people to use their factory filters. I’m changing the oil every 4k. Costco Synthetic 5W-30 6qts. Yes I know that is .9 qts over the factory spec. Been doing it since new. No issues.
Uhh...no

Why stop at a quart over? Why not 2? OEM spec isnt meant to be followed anyway. Hell might as well just drill another hole on the dipstick so you know where the "real" level should be. Your crank will be happy with all the fuel dilution too 😂

Every car in the fleet runs a quart over.
Why stop at a quart over? Why not 2? OEM spec isnt meant to be followed anyway. Hell might as well just drill another hole on the dipstick so you know where the "real" level should be. Your crank will be happy with all the fuel dilution too 😂
It’s quite common to run 1/2 to 1 quart over spec. Hundreds of members here have been doing it for years. I’ve yet to hear of even one failure due to a little extra oil. Thousands of engines get overfilled at lube joints everyday. The manufacturer's leave a margin for error for this very reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back