Hyundai owners: please list your model,

Status
Not open for further replies.
transmission, and your gas mileage please.

I'm curious as to what all of you, Elantra, Santa Fe, Sonata, owners get mileage wise.

Can you also please list either your average, town AND city, or list them separately is fine too.

This question is directed at ALL Hyundai owners, cars or SUV's please respond.

Thanks!

wife's car: 2003 Elantra (GLS), Auto trans,
currently 45k total miles.

hwy (pure interstate trip, at 70-80 mph): 36-38 mpg
(pretty exact numbers)

town(in campus/short trips/grocery trips)+ some hwy (55 mph speed limit) mixed: 28-30 mpg??(not very exact numbers)

[ April 19, 2006, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: 97tbird ]

Wife's SUV: Santa Fe GLS 2.7L V6 automatic

She drives about 60% city/40% highway and gets an average of about 24 to 26 MPG.

I have always been impressed with the power/mileage of her SUV.

We did one trip to my parents, and got 32 MPG all highway on one tank. The rest of the trip was around 30 MPG.

Not bad for a V6

Brian

'03 Sonata 2.7L V6 automatic

Highway mileage averages 32 mpg with A/C on.

I don't track urban fuel economy because there're just too many variables, day-to-day, to get any meaningful number. Probably in the low 20s, though.

06 Sonata V6,5spd automatic.Been happy
cool.gif
with performance and power of the car.

City:up to 28 mpg's going to work.Around 23-24 going home.
Highway:Easily hits 30 and above.

BTW,
I live in the DC metro area and commute into downtown DC every moring during the rush.
My commute to work is 100% city driving.

BTW,I have 6k on the clock and have been using MC 5W20 but just went to M1 5W20.

Ok, ok, so you didn't ask about the Accent, but I'm gonna throw my 50 cents in ANYWAY.

2005 Accent GT, 1.6L 5-Speed. Bought it new in Feb. of this year, has 6700 miles on it as of right now. On the interstate, 65-75MPH, I'm getting 35MPG. On a 100 mile trip I take to Charlottesville, Va. out of Northern Va., speeds around 55-60, no AC, I get 38.5-39.30MPG, that's over 4 or 5 trips.

Around town, I was getting 33, but since I started running the air conditioning I'm down to a hair over 30 in mixed road and city driving, but no stop and go bumper-to-bumper driving. The AC costs MPG with this thing, I suppose owing to the small engine, but I doubt I'm gonna get much sympathy from the Sport Utility set.

They appear to be forking over C-notes for their gas these days, and getting VERY LITTLE change in return. I also see them pumping a lot of regular instead of the high-test they usually run.

Go figure.

T-Bird, that's one magic Elantra you guys have, I tell ya. Auto tranny, weighs a thousand lbs more than my Accent GT, 2.0 litre engine vs. my 1.6/5-speed and kicks my butt in the MPGs, especially on the Interstate! I'm gonna write a letter to the dealer about my crummy gas mileage!
lol.gif

2002 Accent, 1.6L, 5spd. Going on 70,000 miles.

Highway in summer I've gotten up to 42 although I average in the upper 30s (38-39mpg).
Combined is usually at least 33-34, I have reached 38 with real careful shifting, but that's no fun.

Did the timing belt, tensioner, and the three accessory belts at around 58K. It cost just under $300 for parts and labor at a local garage. I saved about $150 over the dealers price.

I had an '82 mercury lynx with an interference engine loose the timing belt once. Never Again!

toocrazy - your mileage should increase a bit as your engine gets older. Also, new tires help. I bought mine with about 22K on it and I didn't start getting the real good mileage until around 30K miles and new tires (Hankook 835?).

2004 Hyundai Elantra, automatic. 19k miles

36mpg on the freeway (70mph w/ cruise). Low-mid 20s with short trips in the winter here in hilly PA. Closer to 30 in the city in flat Columbus, OH during summer.

2001 Accent, 1.5L. and 5 speed, bought it with 37K on it 18 mos. ago 'cause it was only $3500, now thinking that was pretty smart. Old style 12 valve engine has pretty decent power band, but only getting 34-35 mpg to work and back, mostly highway, 37-38 on highway trips driving 65-70.
It seems geared a little short, engine runs pretty fast on the highway, and will pull just fine in 5th from 40 up so I guess that's where the mileage is going.
I did the timing belt myself at 64K, not a bad job and the replacement belt looked much beefier than the one I took off.

I try to keep tabs on my fiance's fuel economy but her 2001 Accent GL 1.6l Auto tends to get anywhere from 26-30 mixed. She drives some city, some suburban, some highway. I imagine it would only go up if we went for a straight highway run.

I tend to have a heavier foot then her so I think it goes down once I drive it a bit.

Also add in the hills and overall chilliness of Allentown in the winter and it will be lower too.

2004 Elantra Auto
31,000 miles
Highway:34-36mpg without A/C, 32-34 with
Mixed (don't do any real "city"driving) about 26-28.

Wife's old 2005 Tucson, 2.0 gas with auto
8,000 miles
Highway: best was 26 mpg, usualy around 23-24
City: 18 mpg

2006 Sonata LX 3.3 V6 5sp Auto
10,884 Miles. 26-27 on hwy at 70-75mph
City about 23-25 depending on trafic

Wife has 2002 Santa Fe 2.7 V6
68,000+ 24-25 mpg on hwy at 70mph
city about 20-23 depending on traffic, and she has a lead foot from stops!

Yeah, well, even the comparative eyedropper of the regular gas my car uses was $30.00 for ten gallons.

By contrast, some dood ahead of me filled his twin tank (20 gallons each) F-150 with high test Chevron for $3.36/gallon, got a dollar or two back in change from a c-note and two twenties.

THAT must be a shocker for folks. As it was, HE had the thousand-yard stare going out of there..
shocked.gif

Hey Clement!

quote:

Did the timing belt, tensioner, and the three accessory belts at around 58K. It cost just under $300 for parts and labor at a local garage. I saved about $150 over the dealers price.

I'm going to your guy when it's time, hehe

1999(Made Sept 8,1998) Hyundai Tiburon FX
107,000 miles.

5 speed Manual.

-Highway about 34-36 MPG (A/C and cruise control)
-City/Highway mixed about 30-32 MPG
-City about 28-30 MPG

Love my car. Blows past gas stations!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back