Hyundai Motor shares dive after engine woes prompt third-quarter profit warning

It's like this. They replaced my Son's motor that was well out of warranty. Placed him in a nice Chevy Malibu for two weeks until the new motor came in. This was well before the court settlement. I'm actually an owner (2017 Hyundai Santa Fe XL-Limited w/AWD)-they have a 100,000 mile warranty on the power train. Saved over $5,000 dollars when I bought new over Toyo/Honda equivalent.

So-yea there are reasons to buy Hyundai.
But that isn't a reason. What could be simple luck isn't a reason. There are thousands of stories like this for every POS on the road.

But that isn't a reason. What could be simple luck isn't a reason. There are thousands of stories like this for every POS on the road.
Sure it is. I had a expensive Subaru with terrible paint. Requested a $600.00 repaint for a couple of panels on the car-under OEM warranty BTW. Subaru told me to pound sand. SO- a few months after that-got rid of the Subaru and we will never own one again in this household. So-I bought the Hyundai instead-they (Subaru) lost out on a $35,000 or so Ascent sale literally over that denial of the $600.00 paint repair.

Sure it is. I had a expensive Subaru with terrible paint. Requested a $600.00 repaint for a couple of panels on the car-under OEM warranty BTW. Subaru told me to pound sand. SO- a few months after that-got rid of the Subaru and we will never own one again in this household. So-I bought the Hyundai instead-they (Subaru) lost out on a $35,000 or so Ascent sale literally over that denial of the $600.00 paint repair.
I've found that if you complain about cheap chinese junk off ebay the seller many times will give you a full refund or send you yet another piece of cheap chinese junk. The product is still cheap chinese junk. The only prayer they've got is to shower you with apologetic behavior, because they know their product is crap. I do appreciate their effort, but their product is still crap.

There’s also no guarantee that you would have bought another Subaru even if they did they $600 paint repair.

Really? hour after hour in front of a service manager sorting out replacing junk with junk? why? right now Toyota has this quagmire figured out through engineering, maybe down the road it will be another MFG, but for now there is an alternative.

Indeed. I've found that a lot of recalls were safety measures in "could cause a fire." That seemed to be the utmost importance when issuing recalls compared to say, the Ford powershift that was a huge issue but no risk of fire.
Ford recalled 400k F150 trucks because of a fire risk just a couple of years ago. The fires could happen while they were parked and not running. If i remember right at least one family had their house burned down because one of them caught fire sitting in their garage.

Ford recalled 400k F150 trucks because of a fire risk just a couple of years ago. The fires could happen while they were parked and not running. If i remember right at least one family had their house burned down because one of them caught fire sitting in their garage.
If it was the brake pressure switch recall, it was 11 years ago and impacted vehicles built between 1992 and 2004, so not really "a couple of years ago".

Reactions: GON
If it was the brake pressure switch recall, it was 11 years ago and impacted vehicles built between 1992 and 2004, so not really "a couple of years ago".

Ahhhh, the block heater recall! Forgot about that one. The big one was the cruise control brake switch, the # of vehicles impacted was huge, but it was, as I noted, 11 years ago.

Ahhhh, the block heater recall! Forgot about that one. The big one was the cruise control brake switch, the # of vehicles impacted was huge, but it was, as I noted, 11 years ago.
Yeah the one you're talking about was huge. Still, 400k trucks with a fire risk on Ford's flagship vehicle is a really big deal. From the article I posted it looks like over 100k of them had to be brought back in for a 2nd repair for the same issue.

Back