Hyundai , Kia, Daewoo, Suzuki, Verona, Forenza, or Chevy Aveo owners?

Status
Not open for further replies.
 -

have a pic if you can!

Since i have a Obession with Korean cars.

what vehicle do you own, what kind of oil and filter do you use?

I have a 1999 Hyundai Tiburon FX,, close to 90k miles..

I use Supertech Semi Synthetic, with Hyundai Oil filter or sometimes Supertech oil filters.. After My auto-Rx on my next oil change.. i will be sticking with Supertech COnventional.. 10w30

-

thats my 1996 kia sephia. its got 81K miles on the clock.

my list of modifications are:

miata engine

gutted cat

doors are gutted to be only light weight skins with perminantly up windows

removed the power steering

gutted the frames out of the hood and trunk

lowered 5 inches in the front, 4 in the rear
tubular chassis welded into the unibody to
reinforce the shock towers and chassis.

light weight wheels

twin adjustable cam gears (dohc)

very soon i will have a super 60 t3 turbo installed and pushing about 240 whp! i have everything for the turbo install except a few weeks of time to actually get to it.

my oil and filter i am currently running is a wix pinto filter and saab 0w30 turbo oil.
sence saab 0w30 turbo oil formulation has recently changed to somthing i dont like, ill be running rotella 15w40 at the next oil change. maybe 5w40 rotella synthetic if i get the turbo in by then.

You forget the Pontiac Lemans (late 80s) and Ford Festiva/Aspire on your list there
smile.gif

-

Just helped my sister buy a newer (2001) Hyundai Accent; all I have left is this very sturdy OE filter.
smile.gif

quote:

Originally posted by eljefino:
You forget the Pontiac Lemans (late 80s) and Ford Festiva/Aspire on your list there
smile.gif

-

Just helped my sister buy a newer (2001) Hyundai Accent; all I have left is this very sturdy OE filter.
smile.gif

well,, was going to add the Aspire/festiva and Lemans.. but parts are really hard to find. I alway wanted a 1992 Festiva since the 1992-1993 Festiva's are th eonly years with power steering.

quote:

Originally posted by opus1:
If I was in the market right now, I'd definitely be giving the Suzuki Verona serious consideration.

You and me both. Those are very nice looking cars for the price. If they would come in a stick I probably would have one already.

Eric

quote:

Originally posted by Jackpot01:

quote:

If I was in the market right now, I'd definitely be giving the Suzuki Verona serious consideration.

You and me both. Those are very nice looking cars for the price. If they would come in a stick I probably would have one already.

Eric

Suzuki Veronas are actually Daewoo Magnus thats only sold in Korea.. I test drove one here in virginia, very smmooth, comfortable and for 17g's , it can't be beat,, you get a 6 cylinder, 5 speed transmission.. problem is that it is a little slow.

The Suzuki Forenza is a revised Daewoo Nubira.. In europe , Chevrolet is using this car for the FIA touring car championship.

quote:

problem is that it is a little slow.

a little?? ha!
wink.gif

it's a good thing gm purchased them, as they have been using daewoo tech to improve all aspects of production.

it's a decent car, but has little resale value in korea (as with most cars). the inline 5 seemed cool, but it's old tech. needs a revision.

the new sonata is hot though. 3.3L 6 cyl with 226 hp. pretty nice.

quote:

Originally posted by seotaji:

quote:

problem is that it is a little slow.

a little?? ha!
wink.gif

it's a good thing gm purchased them, as they have been using daewoo tech to improve all aspects of production.

it's a decent car, but has little resale value in korea (as with most cars). the inline 5 seemed cool, but it's old tech. needs a revision.

the new sonata is hot though. 3.3L 6 cyl with 226 hp. pretty nice.

Its a 2.5 litre inline 6.. they had a inline 5 in Korea? I know this engine is reliable because when i went to Korea,, one taxi was a old Magnus/Verona and it had 330,000 KM on it.

But anyway.. what makes this car so special is that when you sit in it,,,, you're not going to believe you're sitting in a $17,000 car.

here is the first Korean car entered in the FIA Touring car championship

Chevrolet(Europe), Suzuki Forenza(US), Daewoo Nubira(Korea)

-

-

[ December 16, 2004, 03:45 AM: Message edited by: Korean_redneck ]

Here is my 2004 Elantra the day I bought it. So nice and shiney.

-

I am using GC @ a 7500 mile OCI and Hyundai filters, have been debation going to Wix, but the Hyundai ones are only about $.20 more. Anyone know about the quality of the Hyundai filters?

quote:

Originally posted by Korean_redneck:
....Suzuki Veronas are actually Daewoo Magnus thats only sold in Korea.. I test drove one here in virginia, very smmooth, comfortable and for 17g's , it can't be beat,, you get a 6 cylinder, 5 speed transmission.. problem is that it is a little slow.

The Suzuki Forenza is a revised Daewoo Nubira.. In europe , Chevrolet is using this car for the FIA touring car championship.

I was under the impression that the Verona is what the Daewoo Leganza used to be...in any event, from what I've seen you get a nice car for $17000 or so and for $19,999 you get a fully-loaded ride, leather, sunroof and all.

quote:

quote:

Originally posted by Korean_redneck:
....Suzuki Veronas are actually Daewoo Magnus thats only sold in Korea.. I test drove one here in virginia, very smmooth, comfortable and for 17g's , it can't be beat,, you get a 6 cylinder, 5 speed transmission.. problem is that it is a little slow.

I was under the impression that the Verona is what the Daewoo Leganza used to be...in any event, from what I've seen you get a nice car for $17000 or so and for $19,999 you get a fully-loaded ride, leather, sunroof and all.

No no,, the Daewoo LEGANZA is a totally different Model. Believe it or Not,, the Daewoo MAGNUS is a 4 year old Design.. its been selling in Korea for a long time. STILL a nice quality car for the price.

quote:

Originally posted by blupupher:
Here is my 2004 Elantra the day I bought it. So nice and shiney.

-

I am using GC @ a 7500 mile OCI and Hyundai filters, have been debation going to Wix, but the Hyundai ones are only about $.20 more. Anyone know about the quality of the Hyundai filters?

I've heard that the Hyundai Filters are really good.. but expensive since it is a Geniune part. They are oversized. I used to buy the Oversized Hyundai Filter until I went to this site and found out that there was a Such thing has a .88 cents quart of oil and $1.97 quality oil filter! Supertech.. i'm hooked now.

quote:

Its a 2.5 litre inline 6.. they had a inline 5 in Korea? I know this engine is reliable because when i went to Korea,, one taxi was a old Magnus/Verona and it had 330,000 KM on it.

Sorry my mistake, I'm a bad poster.
pat.gif

Yep, I've seen those magnus taxi's too. It's a decent engine, but old for the times.

quote:

Originally posted by cryptokid:
heres my new used korean car. its a kia pride that was marketed in the states as a ford festiva.
http://s87170394.onlinehome.us/gallery/projfestiva

i am making it into a rally cross 200hp rotary powered race car.

Well, Crypto, that video explains your MC insurance rates
lol.gif
They must have seen the video
grin.gif

Sounds like a great project, I've always liked those shoebox Festivas. 200hp would make one very entertaining.
smile.gif

hahaha yeah im not exactly the safest person in the world.

funny story though, after gutting that festiva, it is light enough that my father and i can lift it off the ground together.

i have another video, its about 75mb. and is of the stock 1.3 engine in the festiva blowing up. i drained it of oil and rigged the accelerator to wide open and let her run in neutral. the engine was bad anyways, it had rod knock. can anyone hostit for me? its quite spectacular but my website cant handle files that big.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back