Hyundai / Kia ATF - Huge Price Increase !

Boy , last year when I did a drain & fill I bought Kia SP-III ATF for my '07 Sedona it was approx. $7.00 per quart ... Today when I went to buy at the dealer it had jumped up to $15.49 per quart for SP-III (SP-IV was $20) !! The tech just said : "Yeah , the prices jumped up a few months ago ..." . That's outrageous for SP-III or SP-IV !!... First , I need to find a good aftermarket SP-III ATF that is safe to use meeting SP-III , then find the same as a SP-IV replacement !! ... *I bought Kia SP-III because they were less expensive than Hyundai SP-III - Geeze I wonder what Hyundai now charges for SP-III ?
I have been using maxlife atf in all of our hyundai - vehicles for years. Great stuff, much better than sp3.
Great shifting in high and super low temps.
Highly recommend it.
It's been 10 years now and 5 different hyundai-kia vehicles.
Just recently flushed our 2019 santa fe 2.0t 8 speed with maxlife. Did 4 drain and fills.
Much better shifting and acceleration.

I used the Maxlife in Hyundai applications it worked fine. My WM does not stock it. You need to order it online for pickup or delivery. That way you ensure you get it.

I'm still very confident in MaxLife ATF and keep a couple of 5L jugs on hand at all times.
Since I posted the pix with price 2 years ago the price went 2x up locally but is still very reasonable compared to other compatible ATFs.
Used same ATF in daughter's 2008 Acura CSX (basically a Civic) doing D/F, worked great.

Back