Hyundai Genesis

Status
Not open for further replies.
Test drove one today, equipped with a 3.3L V6 and an Aisin 6-speed. Beautiful car, extremely well built and equipped. Was very impressed to say the least, although the $42,500 price tag is not something I'm willing to dish out at the moment (as test driven). Starting price here is $34,000, and the top of the line 4.6L V8 goes for $45,900. Have to say the 5 year, unlimited mileage warranty is very impressive too.
thumbsup2.gif

Wow... Id rather have a BMW 135i or an infiniti which is more like the "real thing"...

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Wow... Id rather have a BMW 135i or an infiniti which is more like the "real thing"...

As long as you're willing to pay their premium I say go for it.

Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
Test drove one today, equipped with a 3.3L V6 and an Aisin 6-speed. Beautiful car, extremely well built and equipped. Was very impressed to say the least, although the $42,500 price tag is not something I'm willing to dish out at the moment (as test driven). Starting price here is $34,000, and the top of the line 4.6L V8 goes for $45,900. Have to say the 5 year, unlimited mileage warranty is very impressive too.
thumbsup2.gif

Wow, $42.5k is very un-hyundaish, At that price point there is a heck of a lot of good competition out there. GT500, Camaro, Audi A4, A5, TT, caddy CTS, acura TL, Boxster, 370Z, WRX, Merc SLK, Evo, infiniti G, infiniti M,lexus, VW CC, Beemer 3 series, Z4, and probaly a bunch of others that escape me at the moment.

Originally Posted By: saaber1
Originally Posted By: Falcon_LS
thumbsup2.gif

Wow, $42.5k is very un-hyundaish, At that price point there is a heck of a lot of good competition out there. GT500, Camaro, Audi A4, A5, TT, caddy CTS, acura TL, Boxster, 370Z, WRX, Merc SLK, Evo, infiniti G, infiniti M,lexus, VW CC, Beemer 3 series, Z4, and probaly a bunch of others that escape me at the moment.

In the states, we get the 3.8L V6.

The Genesis doesn't compete directly with sports sedans, regardless of what Hyundai wants you to believe. It's more of an ES350 competitor.

Hyundai will not sell many Genesis at $40+, its customers are in the $15-$25k range. The ones who willing to spend more than $40k for a 4-door sedan don't even think about Hyundai, they most likely buying BMW, MB, Audi, Lexus, Acura, Cadillac, Lincoln ...

I actually test drove one and I just cant get over the ugly interior. For the same price the 2009 Acura TL with Tech package is a much better deal and the 2009 Caddy CTS and 2009 TL have a much better and refined interior. If I were on the market for buying a car under $40K, I would jump and buy the CTS, regardless of GM going out of business or not.

Quote:
Wow, $42.5k is very un-hyundaish, At that price point there is a heck of a lot of good competition out there.

MSRP in the US is $32,250 - $37,250. You can probably get it closer to invoice though ($30,243 - $34,521).

autos.msn.com seems to think the Genesis competes with just about everything that moves:

* Acura RL
* BMW 3-Series
* Cadillac STS
* Infiniti M
* Lexus GS 450h
* Nissan Maxima
* Volvo S80
* Audi A4
* BMW 5-Series
* Chrysler 300
* Jaguar XF Series
* Lincoln MKS
* Saab 9-5
* Audi A6
* Cadillac DTS
* Infiniti G Sedan
* Lexus GS
* Mercedes-Benz E-Class
* Volkswagen CC

Originally Posted By: Dyoel182

As long as you're willing to pay their premium I say go for it.

A 135i with M-sport package can be had very competitively, if not cheaper than that. $35k will get you one...

A 135i with M-sport package can be had very competitively, if not cheaper than that. $35k will get you one...

Yeah but then you're driving a less useful 3 series with 2 less doors.

Maybe he doesn't need the extra doors. Is there some kind of price-to-door ratio that one must take into account when buying a vehicle?

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Maybe he doesn't need the extra doors. Is there some kind of price-to-door ratio that one must take into account when buying a vehicle?

Absolutely, the more doors, the lower the price better be! I can't stand 4 door cars. So, so...practical...

Last edited:

No, its a faster, more compact and lighter 3 series with dimensions more like my E30 and less like the current 3-series.

So, they put the 3.3L in the Genesis over there? Why not buy a Sonata for $15K-20K less...Or don't your Sonatas get the 3.3?

The Sonata's available with a 3.3L. I suppose you pay $15-20K more for a RWD Sonata.
grin2.gif

My neighbor just recently bought Hyundai Azera..I never heard of one till he got his..He paid 29K bucks for it and he said that was a steal for that car..To me it doesn't look much different then a Sonata..

I think I'll just keep the Vic.

I wouldnt consider 29k for an Azera a steal. Its basically just a loaded Sonata that looks and feels more like an expensive luxury car.

I wouldnt consider 29k for an Azera a steal. Its basically just a loaded Sonata that looks and feels more like an expensive luxury car.

Thats exactly what I said after looking it over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back