Hyundai filters : should i get them ?

my kids tucson is up for its 15k mile service . Service includes oil change /air filter and cabin filter. the oil filter i have been getting at the dealer so i can be sure to have paperwork in case. So should i go this route with the air and cabin filters also ? they are twice the price as i can find on amazon for aftermarket

Last edited:
Walmart sells OEM Hyundai oil filters, I always got them for my Sonata there. Somewhere around $6-$7 if I remember correctly.

Hyundai oil filters are fine. They are tanks and built to Hyundais specs.
When I owned one, I used Hyundai oil filters and Fram air and cabin filters, never had an issue with warranty work etc.

Never had an issue with most aftermarket filters for Hyundais.

Also check the air and cabin filter. Most air filters are large enough today to last more than 15k unless you live in a really dusty area. And cabin filters will depend where you live and park. Some are needed yearly and others can go several years.

Check the dealership - the last time I stocked up for the Sonata they were asking $6 each, before the discount coupon on parts that I used. They even threw in the crush-washers with the filters.

Originally Posted by Jimzz
Never had an issue with most aftermarket filters for Hyundais.

Also check the air and cabin filter. Most air filters are large enough today to last more than 15k unless you live in a really dusty area. And cabin filters will depend where you live and park. Some are needed yearly and others can go several years.

its a required replacement at 15k according to the manual. i ended up ordering a air filter and cabin filter for about $21 off of Amazon.

Changed my last cabin filter at about 30k. It was pretty clean. Changing air filter at about 40k. Think that will be fairly clean as well. Of course I live in suburbia. There are parts of the country where a shorter change interval would be necessary.

With Hyundai and Kia's recent issues, use OEM. Don't give them any reason to void anything. The warranty is just words on a piece of paper, but why give them any more leverage than they already have?

Back