Hyundai film on inside of windshield.

I have had several Hyundai's and they all get a film on the inside of the windshield that is very hard to get off.
I just cleaned one 4 times and the film is still there.
I used window cleaner and a micro fiber cloth 2 times.
Then a micro fiber cloth with water.
And last a dry micro fiber cloth.
Still had some film.
The car is parked facing east(no choice) and gets the morning sun for hours.
I suggested to my wife that she should put up the sun reflector screen and crack a window.
Suggestions?

Well, I don't smoke but my car windshields get the same way from time to time. I have no idea why, but it happens. It just does. Someone a lot smarter than me will have an idea whats going on.

Look up a recipe foir making glass clear with the den. al.

I was so anal, I mixed the DN with distilled water for my windshield on my BMW 750i. It got the film too while it was being driven for over a year.

Hyundai isn't the only auto manufacturer's vehicles that get this film. Where the substance comes from is the 'outgassing' of plasticiser from interior vinyl. Plasticizer is what they put in vinyl to make it soft and pliable. Glass cleaner that contains alcohol combined with the use of a Magic Eraser scrub pad will take it off.

Well, I don't smoke but my car windshields get the same way from time to time. I have no idea why, but it happens. It just does. Someone a lot smarter than me will have an idea whats going on.

Look up a recipe foir making glass clear with the den. al.

I was so anal, I mixed the DN with distilled water for my windshield on my BMW 750i. It got the film too while it was being driven for over a year.
It's gassing from the plastics

These are the two products I would recommend because I have used them myself on my Hyundai's windshield as well as that of my other vehicles. I would recommend putting the cleaning clothes themselves on the black surface of the cleaning tool and going over the entire inside of the windshield with one side and then using the other side of the cloth to go over it again. I did this one time and it totally fixed Hyundai's windshield. I bought my invisible glass products from Advance Auto Parts.

Try covering the top of the dash for a few days with some rags or towels....to verify the gassing of the vinyl. If the film on the windshield is less, then I would find a product that might help seal the dash. There are some professional detailers whom like this product.

I am sure there others. I think the key is to get a protectorant or product that seals more than just coating the surface. You might also contact the team over at AutoGeek.net to see if they know of any products or practices that might solve your problem.

Try covering the top of the dash for a few days with some rags or towels....to verify the gassing of the vinyl. If the film on the windshield is less, then I would find a product that might help seal the dash. There are some professional detailers whom like this product.

I am sure there others. I think the key is to get a protectorant or product that seals more than just coating the surface. You might also contact the team over at AutoGeek.net to see if they know of any products or practices that might solve your problem.
303 Protectant works good here. It is not shiny so it can be used on the dash as well as all of the other vinyl inside the vehicle. Also, the custom fit dash pads work good for vehicles that are in the hot sun a lot.

Every vehicle I've ever had gets a film on the inside. My 02, 05, 07 and '16 all do it. I don't know what it is, but I'm not going for offgassing. I don't use protectants. Maybe it's exhaled breath or outside gunk entering via defrost vents.

Every vehicle I've ever had gets a film on the inside. My 02, 05, 07 and '16 all do it. I don't know what it is, but I'm not going for offgassing. I don't use protectants. Maybe it's exhaled breath or outside gunk entering via defrost vents.
Some polymers (PVC being one) require plasticizers to make them pliable. These evaporate over time and leave a film on the windshield.

This is especially common on brand new cars. Why do you think they have a "new car" smell that fades over time? For lack of a better term everything is "settling in".

Check your cabin filter if you have one. You might have dead critters.

Another possibility is if you use a interior detailer like Armour All that leaves a shiny surface.

Check your cabin filter if you have one. You might have dead critters.

Another possibility is if you use a interior detailer like Armour All that leaves a shiny surface.
**** bro, if he had dead critters in his cabin filter box, he would know. I had a dead mouse in my engine bay, it was fuking horrible. Smelled so bad I had to fumigate the interior.

I use Sprayway glass cleaner (it is ammonia free and safe for OEM tinted windows) and 2 microfiber cloths. The first cloth I use to apply liberal amounts of glass cleaner in a circular motion to the inside of the windshield. Then while it is still wet with the cleaner, I use the other dry microfiber to buff the glass dry. This is done 2-3 times, then I do the other half of the windshield the same way. That usually gets it about 98% perfect (there is always some little streak somewhere left over.)

Never clean the windshield when it is hot or warm. The cleaner dries too fast, leaves more of a film, and defeats the whole purpose.

That film is stubborn and annoying and can take some time to remove if it has built up.

Back