Hyundai Elantra manual trans fluid change help

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to change out the factory trans fluid in my 2013 Elantra with 24k miles.

I know that I have alot of options so I'd like to hear what fluid and brand would be best for my application.

Redline MT-85 was recommended on a Hyundai forum...

MT-85 75W85 GL-4 quart

is the correct redline oil.

Seems a good place to start, if not happy go try again.

I've been satisfied with redline products.

Last edited:
I think you would be happy with the MT85 from my own experience with a similar car with the same trans. I had a 2012 kia forte before I bought my 2012 chevy sonic turbo.

I would recommend the factory Hyundai lube if you've been happy with the performance.

I bought genuine Hyundai manual trans fluid from a dealer for around $15 a quart. It was full syn and made by SK Lubricants in Korea.

Originally Posted By: stephen9666
I would recommend the factory Hyundai lube if you've been happy with the performance.

I bought genuine Hyundai manual trans fluid from a dealer for around $15 a quart. It was full syn and made by SK Lubricants in Korea.

I wondered who made the Hyundai fluid. Not doubting you but do you have any documentation that I can pass on?

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Originally Posted By: stephen9666

I wondered who made the Hyundai fluid. Not doubting you but do you have any documentation that I can pass on?

It clearly said on the bottle that it was made in Korea by SK Lubricants.

I wish I would have taken pics of the bottle before I threw it away. There are multiple times I've wanted to post pics of it.

http://www.sk.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back