Hyundai and Kia recalling 1.6 Million cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The media darling is under investigation!

lol.gif
Seriously, eh?

Thats the least of H/K problems....if the North comes down,H/K is history.

They have alot of problems with components especially transmissions that don't seem to get much attention. nearly everyone I know has to replace them before 100,000 miles and usually they have some reason not to cover it under their wonderful warranty.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
seems like every manufacturer at one point in time or another has had brakelight switch problems

Isn't that the truth. For a part that has been there since the beginning of time, you'd think this is the last thing that would break!

The newer Hyundais are pretty trouble free. The brake switches are not a huge deal. most of the vehicles that are getting them replaced under recall, have probably already had them replaced under warranty or at a minimal cost.
With respect to items not getting covered under warranty as spk2000 states, the 10/100k warranty is only for original owners, otherwise warranty is up at 5/60k. It is the owner's obligation to follow the maintenance schedule as Hyundai states. Do things your own way, don't keep detailed paper records, then it is considered a failure of the owner to meet their obligation to the manufacturer warranty program.
Do as your told is the point I have to make here. Argue all you want, but spend money on your maintenance. Warranty is not an excuse to avoid spending money on maintenance.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY

quoting from history deserves proper HISTORY. South Korea came very close to annihilation. Close, but it didnt happen. I dont expect this time around to be much different. Perhaps they will get close again, but not before north korea is a shiny bowl of irritated green glass.

What great quality! I just got a phone call from a buddy whom told me his Grandson. A engineering student said that KIA Hyundai try recruiting them for training level. Grandson says that the Hyundai/KIA folks have such abap work place that no students will sign with them.The Korean do not like us. There was also mention thir FUEL MPG POSTED was bogus reports. SUBFRAMES not a LITTLE switch.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: hounddog
What great quality! I just got a phone call from a buddy whom told me his Grandson. A engineering student said that KIA Hyundai try recruiting them for training level. Grandson says that the Hyundai/KIA folks have such abap work place that no students will sign with them.The Korean do not like us. There was also mention thir FUEL MPG POSTED was bogus reports. SUBFRAMES not a LITTLE switch.

So hard to read.

What do you mean "the Korean do not like us?"

Originally Posted By: BigBuck
Originally Posted By: hounddog

So hard to read.

What do you mean "the Korean do not like us?"

Well....
crazy2.gif

Originally Posted By: cptbarkey
Originally Posted By: NHGUY

quoting from history deserves proper HISTORY. South Korea came very close to annihilation. Close, but it didnt happen. I dont expect this time around to be much different. Perhaps they will get close again, but not before north korea is a shiny bowl of irritated green glass.

Not likely. Seoul is only 38 miles from the 38th parallel DMZ. Any skirmish would be conventional. Fallout would get both sides.

Your understanding of current events is skewed. Hyundai didn't falsely report fuel economy. They reported the results that they got when they tested the vehicles using their own methods. They made adjustments to componsate for differences in the way the EPA wanted them tested. They were under no obligation to do anything about it. The action they took to reimburse customers for as long as they own the vehicles was entirely voluntary. That is the mark of a trustworthy company.
As far as subframes go, that series of campaigns pertained to vehicles from 01-04. At that time many car companies were having issues with frame rot. Toyota had major recalls and buy-backs, and Ford did as well. It was the quality of mass marketed steel available to the auto industry that led to problems. Hyundai still is replacing subframes under recall at no charge, in fact they sometimes cover frames and crossmembers that are unrelated to recalls as a goodwill measure.
Hyundai is a very proactive company. Many of the service campaigns that are performed never make the news because they head things off before they become issues. Hyundai is a great company to buy cars from, and to work for.

Nonsense.

Hyundai got caught cheating the testing plan for MPGs. If they didn't make compensation willingly they would have had a lot of lawsuits on their hands not to mention long lasting bad press.

I've heard many comments about the Koreans not liking Westerners. So many comments that I have to believe it is at least a little bit true.

There seems to be some proof of such issues in the workplace because Automotive News had a story about this around a couple of years ago. Mentioning that the American managers were treated like serfs by the Korean management.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

Originally Posted By: antiqueshell
Nonsense.

Hyundai got caught cheating the testing plan for MPGs. If they didn't make compensation willingly they would have had a lot of lawsuits on their hands not to mention long lasting bad press.

I've heard many comments about the Koreans not liking Westerners. So many comments that I have to believe it is at least a little bit true.

There seems to be some proof of such issues in the workplace because Automotive News had a story about this around a couple of years ago. Mentioning that the American managers were treated like serfs by the Korean management.

Where there is smoke there is fire.

Yeah, it's a classic example of being economically savage, whilst trying to "buy" brand love. They certainly don't love us as much as their campaigns might suggest. In fact, I'd agree that they generally feel derision towards Westerners indeed. But aside from that, they just haven't earned respect in the automotive world, having brought ZERO innovation to the industry; they exist only to compete- and with values like that, they'll never bring innovation, only 'their own versions of-'. During the time the Japanese marques were forging their reputation with decently reliable vehicles at good prices, Hyundai was still screwing around with the Stellar and the Excel- unbelievably cost cut and low performing vehicles. While everyone loves to see the underdog make it, it usually when it's done honestly. IMO It takes decades, not dollars to truly earn respect in the automotive industry.

Engineering grads won't go to work in the apprenticeship programs because of the way the Koreans treat us. My friends grandson,. A engineering grad, gave him the skinny on that after reading the news the last few days. The Koreans can't stand us. What part of that is hard to understand. I know people that work] in Lagrange unemployment office. They tell some bad storys about the Plant management as well as the surrounding supporting Korean vendors. They also make mention of poor quality steel and materials used to make those cars. My hands have nerve damage. My ulnar nerve from forearm down has been destroyed on both arms. By Levaquin,a antibiotic. Makes it hard to type.

Last edited:
None of these foreigners and foreign nations like us. They take our market and put up roadblocks to enter theirs. Americans are just high productive, low payed workers to them. It seems like a lot of Americans themselves support Korea, Japan and other countries more than their own.

Originally Posted By: SteveSRT8
The media darling is under investigation!

Man you got that right!

My 'friend' in Lagrange says the number one saying they have is 'You fired,plenty more redneck like you out there' My friend hears it almost daily and has to deal directly with them. They dispise us. They curse,slap and their favorite is to grab you by the crotch. They do this to each other and to employee's. I'm told that our government turns a blind eye to have them here. They get all manor of tax concessions etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back