hypothetical situation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honda or Toyota because the people walk in ready to buy, and there are way more units sold per dealer. They also have a full car line so good times or recession, cheap gas or expensive, they have something for everyone.

The dealership management probably sours this somehow, with tiny comissions, so one would still be scraping by.

Saturn, because they have a salery seperate from commissions. Since nobody is selling anything right now, I would rather have a salery...

Otherwise Ford, Honda, Nissan, or Toyota...as those 4 seem in the best shape to get through this mess, and Ford is in a prime spot to poach sales from GM and Chrysler.

Originally Posted By: pzev
Saturn, because they have a salery seperate from commissions. Since nobody is selling anything right now, I would rather have a salery...

Otherwise Ford, Honda, Nissan, or Toyota...as those 4 seem in the best shape to get through this mess, and Ford is in a prime spot to poach sales from GM and Chrysler.

my salary @ saturn (6yrs ago) was $200/wk, $80/car, up to 8 cars. then, you got $120/car retroactive. if you bought or leased a saturn, you got $100/mo extra, until 8 cars, then you got $200/mo.

it su cked, I only lasted 5 months until they decided I wasn't worth their trouble.

Depends on your local...but $200 a week is better than nothing. And depending on where you live and what dealer your at, nothing is a possibility when it comes to selling cars in this economy.

The right dealership is more important than the brand being sold.

Honda and Toyota do tend to be easier to sell, therefore they tend to pay you less to sell them.

Right now, Hyundai is red hot, and their future looks good.

If you are in truck country, go with a Ford dealer.

Originally Posted By: HTSS_TR
MB or BMW because they get higher commissions and nicer customers.

I don't know if thats true... I imagine there are many who aren't very nice, but maybe they don't bargain much as its not "worth their time"...
Probably I would like it better to sell high end cars as I wouldn't have to get people to buy cars they can't really afford... Fooling some rich guy with the confusing numbers game wouldn't be as bad on my conscious. I guess BMW as I'd like to own a 135.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back