Hyperflashing

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what saves more money and energy than LED's? Not using your blinker at all. I'd go that route, since you don't seem concerned with the purpose of their proper operation anyway.
13.gif

Who says you have to correct it? I know of a guy who installed LEDs, has hyperflashing turn signals, and he actually prefers the faster flash, so he never bothered to fix it.

Originally Posted By: gathermewool
You know what saves more money and energy than LED's? Not using your blinker at all. I'd go that route, since you don't seem concerned with the purpose of their proper operation anyway.
13.gif

I'm not doing it on my car. OEM turn signals are fine. Just so much concern over hyperflasing on LED websites. I'm only using LEDs in my trunk light and reverse lights.

Last edited:
Newer cars probably won't use a turn signal relay to actuate/flash the turn signals. Instead it goes through the BCM CANBUS and power the signal bulb for x amount of seconds instead of relying on a relay/bulb resistance/hotwire. If the BCM detects a bad bulb(s) the BCM will simulate clicking/hyperflashing to let the driver know bulbs are bad.

On newer GM trucks that the BCM turn signal system can be programmed for LED's like for flatbeds or boxtrucks.

Anyways I love the LED conversion on my Silverado. The "emergency" flashers get used a lot for roadside work and the instantaneous massive brightness in night and day really does grab attention.

Last edited:
ON Chrysler products(at least from 2003 on) you can bypass the bulb out circuit in the flasher and stop the hyperflash .I did mine with a spst micro relay that fit inside the flasher .Or you can buy a led flasher and make it that much more simple.At the time I did my jeep with the relay there was not available a led flasher that would work correctly,now there is for $30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back