Hydrostat tranny filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have a cross reference for a Hydro Gear 51563 tranny filter?

The transmission model is Hydro Gear 150073, thanks.

I see this filter for ~$11.63 all-in, shipped to your door from eBay. I wouldn't bother with an aftermarket. When it comes to hydraulic filters, even tiny ones like this, $12 is cheap.

I think my Hydro-Gear ZT2800's had the same filters.

Joel

I've been looking at the Stens brand of filter. Does anyone know how it compares to the HydroGear, as far as quality? I know they're made in the USA, and I think the HydroGear branded filters are built overseas. Correct me if I'm wrong. Thanks

I know motor oil filters are different but I was hoping maybe I could pick one up local, like at Napa or a tractor supply store, that would work and not cost $12.

Here is a link to a list of filter that will fit your machine. I don't see any that are readily available at an auto parts store. Might have to order em. Or like JTK said, get em off Flea bay.

Filter Link

Originally Posted By: 96Cherokee
I know motor oil filters are different but I was hoping maybe I could pick one up local, like at Napa or a tractor supply store, that would work and not cost $12.

I've bought replacement hydraulic filters for the trans-axle on my Cub Cadet 2544 at Napa or Carquest (both WIX filters). They were the same price, if not more than an OEM filter. Around $12 and this was some years ago. The drive portion of that trans was a HydroGear BDU10 series.

Some Stens brand filters are made by the same manufacture as the OEM; Champion Labs, Wix/Affinia, etc..

Joel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back