Hy Grandpa, What's For Supper? (HEE-HAW)

Anyone here used to watch HEE-HAW? Grandpa always had a mouth watering menu!
Tonight, I ordered supper from the little hole in the wall store/diner we have here in our town (actually, it's a village-population 300+/-).
I ordered a shrimp po-boy (14 fried shrimp on it), fries, and few fried pickles. $6.99 + tax.
I could only eat half the sandwich and a few fries. I saved the rest for later or tomorrow.
What are you having for supper?

PO-BOY.jpg

Gloom, despair, and agony on me...
Deepest dark depression, excessive misery...
If it wasn't for bad luck, I would have no luck at all...
Gloom, despair, and agony on me...

LOL

The funny thing was my parents were really polar opposites. Mom was a "well bred" of European decent, Dad was a Cajun from the swamps. Mom HATED Hee Haw, and Dad and I loved it. I still remember the silly lyrics (above) from those days. As far as Grandpa, he would always wipe that "glass" door window so good you could not even see it. Dang I miss good TV. Those were the days!

Last edited:
LA Seafood is the cheapest, more plentiful around. But it lacks in flavor. A baguette with some (14) shrimp inside..Maine’s the best. PNW is a close second.
Cold water fish is the best. There’s no way around biology.

That’s that!

Anyone here used to watch HEE-HAW? Grandpa always had a mouth watering menu!
Tonight, I ordered supper from the little hole in the wall store/diner we have here in our town (actually, it's a village-population 300+/-).
I ordered a shrimp po-boy (14 fried shrimp on it), fries, and few fried pickles. $6.99 + tax.
I could only eat half the sandwich and a few fries. I saved the rest for later or tomorrow.
What are you having for supper?

View attachment 49896
Oh dat goood!

Tryiing to remember but I think his name was Junior Sample. His joke was something like, " I got out of a speeding ticket because the officer said I was going 60 miles an hour and I said l had only been driving for 45 minutes!"

Roy Clark on the Odd Couple.
If you can't watch the whole thing, skip to his last song.

What a talent,

Back