Husqvarna HU700F Photo/review

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last week after mowing my yard in 85+ deg I decided I wanted a new power drive mower and decided on another new Husqvarna model. My yard in 100% flat and I never bag so I went with this reasonably priced front wheel drive model available on Amazon here.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00CB9I...ailpage_o00_s00
After getting my shipping notice from Amazon and seeing it was coming via UPS I was a little worried about receiving it damaged. It shipped from PA (I'm in Ohio) and I received it the next day damage free.
DSC00022.JPG

Let's open the box and see what we have.
DSC00023.JPG

A look at the business end, I would have liked to see more paint applied on the underside but I'll live with it.
DSC00027.JPG

A close inspection now. Not certified for sale in the EU or Australia but OK for California.
DSC00003.JPG

Lots of goop between the engine mounting surfaces.
DSC00004.JPG

Nice to see a fuel petcock on this model.
DSC00006.JPG

Honda GCV 160 powered.
DSC00002.JPG

Valve cover and I did check to see what kind of sparkplug was installed, was nice to see a genuine NGK.
DSC00005.JPG

Product ID plate.
DSC00011.JPG

This feature was interesting to me, a deck wash port. I own a power washer and typically clean my mowers deck after each use so I was curious to try this method. After my first use I'm happy to report it worked quite well.
DSC00007.JPG

This is the oil that was supplied, interesting to see it's straight 30W and I will run it for the first 4 or 5 uses then replace with Mobil 1 10W-30.
DSC00001.JPG

Ready to mow. After adding the oil/gas it started first pull and I completed the job drama free.
You control the power drive from either the left or right side of the handle bars and the further you squeeze the faster it go's. The front wheel drive works fantastic on my flat lawn and I have no complaints at all with it. I'm left handed and that's why I mounted the pull start on the left.
DSC00009.JPG

So after the first use and confirming all was good I placed my old mower up for sale on a local facebook sales page. If you want a good price on your old equipment clean it up and take some nice clean/clear photographs. There was plenty of other nice mowers for sale on the same page but the owners didn't take the time to clean them or take a half decent picture of their equipment. Mine sold in 20 minutes for $100.00 and they lady that bought it told me she picked mine because of the nice pictures and it really looked like I took good care of it.
Old mower was also a Husqvarna but not power drive. It was the 6021P model powered by Kohler and it was a very good mower for me. It always started first pull and gave me 4 years of great service.
DSC00024.JPG

DSC00025.JPG

DSC00026.JPG

DSC00027.JPG

DSC00028.JPG

DSC00030.JPG

DSC00001.JPG

Nice pics. You're seeing that you get what you pay for in a mower and small engine. Yes, all Hondas have a fuel shut-off valve. All Hondas come with real NGK spark plugs from the factory, instead of cheaper knock-off plugs. If the drive cable just lays on the painted surface of the deck, it'll rub through the paint and start some rust there. In situations like this before, I've found some clear sticky film and applied it to the deck where the cable lays, just as a rubbing surface to protect the paint.

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
How is the oil drained? I use an oil extractor on my Honda.

Remove oil fill/dipstick and tip mower on it's side. I have a oil extractor but never use it.

I had that exact mower, and used it daily for 3-years. I sold it this spring when I upgraded to 2 Honda mowers (1 as a backup). It ran fine, didn't smoke, no oil usage, started first pull, never a problem with the drive (original belt), couldn't ask for more.

Only reason I replaced it is that I used it a few times a day, several days a week - for 3 full seasons. I more than got my money out of it, and still got $120 for it off Craigslist.

Last edited:
The old mower looks like new to me. You took good care of it.

Honda know how to make engines for cars, motorcycles, lawn mower ...

I've never tried the fluid film but I do clean the mowing deck after each use and that seems to keep the rust away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back