Husqvarna 235E chainsaw

Status
Not open for further replies.
This past Saturday I bought a husqy 235e from a coworker for 5 bucks. Yes, 5 bucks simply because he said he needed a bigger one for the type of cutting he was doing on his land. It didn't have a bar or chain on it as he said he was going to replace them but decided he needed a bigger saw instead. He said the primer bulb was bad and so when I got it home after work I took the cover off and discovered the fuel line was spilt all the way down to the tank and the bulb itself was fine. So I'm gonna replace the line and buy a bar and chain and go from there. Well, a spark plug and air filter to boot as well. It had plenty of good oil inside so I'll leave that be. Oh and the motor still has compression too. My research shows that this saw was discontinued in 2008, but parts are still plentiful.

You guys have any experience with this particular saw? Issues you had i may need to look at on mine or keep in mind?

Last edited:
Not anything about that saw in particular, but you can usually find a whole fuel line kit (with the filter/weight, and primer) for a reasonable price on eBay. My Husqvarna blower had the line crack after a few years, like your situation.

Originally Posted by izualangel
Not anything about that saw in particular, but you can usually find a whole fuel line kit (with the filter/weight, and primer) for a reasonable price on eBay. My Husqvarna blower had the line crack after a few years, like your situation.

Originally Posted by izualangel

Yeah I looked up the bulb and line assembly and found them on eBay for roughly 20 bucks each per kit.

You may want to check that the saw doesn't have TWO fuel lines, with one for when you're cutting at a severe angle. My Husqvarna 41 model (1991) had two lines and I found out the hard way when the second one failed a year after the first.

Clean the spark arrester/muffler, it will kill it if clogged. Use ethanol-free fuel mix.

Very low-cost emissions regulated saw, often with a green gas cap.

I think they were made at the Poulan factory.

Nothing I would recommend to a professional woodcutter by any means, but if you take care of it - - it should last you years.

Probably worth $75 on eBay if you need a little cash.

Before you buy bar & chain make sure you can get it running correctly. That saw model is known for bad carb, accelerator pump, case air leaks.

+ 1 on "no-ethanol". My 10 yr-old Husqvarna blower has eaten through 2 fuel lines. I switch to pre-mixed fuel this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back