Hurry up with my order!

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://cbs4denver.com/investigates/denver.police.suspension.2.1049330.html
Quote:
A Denver police officer has been suspended after allegedly brandishing his gun at a McDonald's restaurant in Aurora after his order took too long to fill.

Aurora police confirmed the CBS4 investigation saying the incident occurred May 21 at the McDonald's at 18181 East Hampden Avenue.

A spokesperson for the Aurora Police Department said they plan to present the case -- now classified as a felony menacing incident -- to the Arapahoe County District Attorney's Office Thursday for possible filing of criminal charges.

Sources familiar with the case, and the fast food worker's account of what happened, say two off-duty Denver police officers placed an order from their car in the early morning hours of May 21. But once at the drive through window, the employee said the men became agitated and angry at how long their food was taking. The men thought they were being ignored, according to contacts familiar with the worker's account. The male clerk then said one of the officer's flashed his police badge and pointed a pistol through the drive through window in a threatening manner, before driving off without paying.

crazy2.gif

We live in stressful times. These things will happen (posted in a la-dee-da ..ho-humm manner)
21.gif

The cops were being a-holes but I can understand where they come from.

"Can I get a double cheeseburger meal, please?"
"So a cheeseburger meal, and?"
"No, a double cheeseburger meal."
"So a double cheeseburger meal and a cheeseburger meal?"
"No, one double cheeseburger meal."
"So a double cheeseburger meal and what was the other?"
"Just one double cheeseburger meal."

Things like that happen nine out of ten times I go to a fast food place, and the one time I get good service is usually an ESL Chilean who focuses on what they are doing so they can do it right once because they know they don't have a full grasp of the language.

I was behind a lady at Wal-mart with two baskets this afternoon. I can understand the frustration. Add a slow checker and it's hair pulling time. Not that I have many left to pull.

The clerk is lucky they didn't taze him then arrest him for interfering with a Police Officer by making them wait.

the other day I saw on tv, a cop tazed a 80 yr old grandmother on a traffic stop. He claimed that she was trying to walk out in traffic and it was for her safety.
smirk2.gif

Seeing an officer of the law spring into bold action to save the life of a meek and vulnerable old person warms the heart.

Next: baby tasers for kindergarten cops.

Originally Posted By: MGregoir
The cops were being a-holes but I can understand where they come from.

"Can I get a double cheeseburger meal, please?"
"So a cheeseburger meal, and?"
"No, a double cheeseburger meal."
"So a double cheeseburger meal and a cheeseburger meal?"
"No, one double cheeseburger meal."
"So a double cheeseburger meal and what was the other?"
"Just one double cheeseburger meal."

Things like that happen nine out of ten times I go to a fast food place, and the one time I get good service is usually an ESL Chilean who focuses on what they are doing so they can do it right once because they know they don't have a full grasp of the language.

Take a read of the book, "The World is Flat" The world wide web has enabled very fast communications on satellite, fiber, and under sea cable. The chances are very good your neighborhood McD is served by a person in India, in a cube, taking orders by headset, and serving several driveups at once. You find some one that will work for pennies on the dollar, and greed will exploit it at any cost. Even the precious term "customer service".

Originally Posted By: beanoil

Take a read of the book, "The World is Flat" The world wide web has enabled very fast communications on satellite, fiber, and under sea cable. The chances are very good your neighborhood McD is served by a person in India, in a cube, taking orders by headset, and serving several driveups at once. You find some one that will work for pennies on the dollar, and greed will exploit it at any cost. Even the precious term "customer service".

If a person in India can serve me at the counter, I am wondering how they control the hologram of the 19 year old white girl I am talking to.

My mind is blown.

Just come to Canada, they are all over here and working at Tim-Hortons. If I have a heart-attack or require some serious medical attention I hope it's at a Timmies, some really educated people working there that have no qualifications here.
smirk2.gif

Originally Posted By: Cutehumor
the other day I saw on tv, a cop tazed a 80 yr old grandmother on a traffic stop. He claimed that she was trying to walk out in traffic and it was for her safety.
smirk2.gif

here's the cop tasering video! I got the age wrong. She's 72 years old but a great grandma!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Y5Y2c1c0_U

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MGregoir

If a person in India can serve me at the counter, I am wondering how they control the hologram of the 19 year old white girl I am talking to.

My mind is blown.

What would happen if you ordered off the Indian McDonalds menu? Vegetarian except for chicken which is pretty close to being a vegetable anyway.
2950181700_639b22b79b.jpg

I was in an Indian McD last February but just had coffee. When I go back in November I'm going to go against my policy of not eating USian fast food in other countries. McD in India is different enough that is doesn't count as USian anyhow.

Well, as Julian says, anything not specifically excluded is 100% mandatory. Now the taser appears to be a common pacification method. Not just where other means are exhausted.

Originally Posted By: asiancivicmaniac
why is the sandwich in the lower right corner called a Veg. Surprise?

It will surprise you. Personally, I'd rather take my chance with the Veggie Surprise than having dinner at Pankot Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back