HPL Super Car 0w-40 - 2020 Grand Cherokee SRT

OVERKILL

$100 Site Donor 2021
Well, did an early change today, figured I could justify it under wanting to flush more break-in material out, but really just wanted to change the oil, lol. OLM was at 43%, so had about 4,000Km left on the oil, at the rate it was going.

I did grab a sample of the Ravenol, so I'll be getting a few OAI kits from the AMSOIL website and sending it off. Will be interesting to see what fuel % is at.

IMG_3529.JPEG

What's missing on this filter?
IMG_3530.JPEG

Hint, it's the same thing that's missing on this drain plug:
IMG_3532.JPEG

If you guessed the gasket, you'd be right!
IMG_3531.JPEG

Was stuck to the oil cooler. The one for the drain plug was in the oil drain pan.

Interestingly, this oil has a touch of a blueish hue to it:
IMG_3536.JPEG

Disappears in the stream, but you can see it in the funnel and where it leaves the bottle. I assume might be an additive?
IMG_3533.JPEG

IMG_3535.JPEG

Oil pressure is the same as with the Ravenol:
IMG_3537.JPEG

This was the last of my OG FRAM Ultra filters, if Fleetguard used silicone ADBV's (hint @NashNative) I'd run one of those, as the Stratapore media is excellent, however, without that option, I'll be ordering some EaO's from AMSOIL.

The 0W-20 looked very similar in color but was thinner. That must be the smoothest 0W-40 ever! Enjoy!

I wish I had that Jeep SRT. It's awesome! 🤤

And now it's a classic because they no longer make it.

The 0W-20 looked very similar in color but was thinner. That must be the smoothest 0W-40 ever! Enjoy!

I wish I had that Jeep SRT. It's awesome! 🤤

And now it's a classic because they no longer make it.
Yes, there was an order cut-off for custom builds when I ordered this one. I've been pretty happy with it for the most part. I'll be doing a 20,000km thread on it where I detail my experience with it.

Well, did an early change today, figured I could justify it under wanting to flush more break-in material out, but really just wanted to change the oil, lol. OLM was at 43%, so had about 4,000Km left on the oil, at the rate it was going.

I did grab a sample of the Ravenol, so I'll be getting a few OAI kits from the AMSOIL website and sending it off. Will be interesting to see what fuel % is at.

View attachment 105509

What's missing on this filter?
View attachment 105510

Hint, it's the same thing that's missing on this drain plug:
View attachment 105511

If you guessed the gasket, you'd be right!
View attachment 105512

Was stuck to the oil cooler. The one for the drain plug was in the oil drain pan.

Interestingly, this oil has a touch of a blueish hue to it:
View attachment 105515

Disappears in the stream, but you can see it in the funnel and where it leaves the bottle. I assume might be an additive?
View attachment 105518

View attachment 105519

Oil pressure is the same as with the Ravenol:
View attachment 105520

This was the last of my OG FRAM Ultra filters, if Fleetguard used silicone ADBV's (hint @NashNative) I'd run one of those, as the Stratapore media is excellent, however, without that option, I'll be ordering some EaO's from AMSOIL.
Nice! i've been wondering if i should run the super car in my ram. I have the passenger car plus 0w-40 in now. Nice jeep! I bet it will fly! I wish the 470hp 6.4 was in the trucks! Mine is 410hp.

Nice! i've been wondering if i should run the super car in my ram. I have the passenger car plus 0w-40 in now. Nice jeep! I bet it will fly! I wish the 470hp 6.4 was in the trucks! Mine is 410hp.
The GC got a 5HP bump in 2017 I think? So it's 475HP, my '16 was 470. Of course the cars got a much bigger bump, 485 I think?

I'd ask Dave what he thinks, I've always gone with a Euro 0w-40 because of the heftier additive package, so that was what drove my decision with this lube.

I noticed the same blue-ish tint you describe, but in STP oils from AutoZone. And some HDEO oil, but can't remember what brand it was. Always wondered what additive is responsible for that chameleon-like blue-ish tint that is only visible at certain angles.

Last edited:
I noticed the same blue-ish tint you describe in STP oils from AutoZone. And some HDEO oil, but can't remember what brand it was. Always wondered what additive is responsible for that chameleon-like blue-ish tint that is only visible at certain angles.

I came across this old post from @MolaKule: https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/threads/blue-dye-in-oil.185579/post-2791932

There are all colors of oil soluble dyes of the rainbow for varous applications. Many mfg dye their oils a different color to differentiate the product. Dyes offer no performance or protection enhancments.

I wouldn't read too much into it. It's probably another feature to quickly identify that it's a genuine product.

Last edited by a moderator:
It could be a little bit of dye or the Moly compound. I honestly don't know. It's probably a good question for @High Performance Lubricants.

I would like to know as well.

Last product I saw that poured a blue hue was Restore! Engine compression additive, that stuff is blue. HPL differential fluid is also blue for medium viscosity (like Dex3,) green for light (like Dex6) I believe. @High Performance Lubricants ?

Back