HPL oils and high Moly and Detergents

Was looking thru the UOA's of HPL oils and noticed they have way more Moly and Detergents than the Major Syn oil manufacturers. Being that oil chemistry is a delicate balance of goals is this a good or bad thing over the major brand offerings?

Both are made by us but the products are different formulas. HPL primarily sells to the power adder market.
So they're like a private label for you guys almost?

I gotta say, the naming there is super confusing. This whole time I thought that the HPL site was selling your regular products. Like, I thought HPLoil.com was just the retail component to this. It's doubley confusing since some of the High Performance Lubricants content on this forum is written like "HPL Open House".

I don't mean that to be critical, I just mean in a customer feedback type of way. At a glace, I thought you guys just offered two different looking labels and that the red HPL logo was a newer version of the packaging or something.

Edit: And the HPL site actually has a video on the homepage of High Performance Lubricants products on the assembly line, further making them look like the same brand/product.

https://www.hploil.com/

HPL is not limiting their formulations based on a pricepoint.
It's a bit of fresh air that comment is. We hear that otc oil has a balanced formula going on and you shouldn't need anything else but from where I'm standing it appears the people want something more and better. If they didn't, the companies who produced these superior products wouldn't stay in business long. You get what you pay for.

Back