2002 Chevy Tahoe
5.3L V8
264k miles
HPL BAS 5w-30
5k miles
Heavy duty use
Fram Ultra XG9837 oil filter
ACDelco air filter

This is my first sample of this oil. High Performance Lubricants Bad [censored] Racing (BAS) 5w-30. I decided to use this oil just to see how it would work on the street since it is formulated as a dedicated racing oil without much consideration for street use. I don't think it did too bad.

Just over half of the 5k miles were towing between 4-6k lbs. I also tow in 3rd gear so the rpm is 2500-2800 down the highway. The virgin sample showed 26 ppm Si, 19 ppm Na, and 15 ppm Ni. Some of the "wear" and "contaminant" metals are part of the add pack. I'll probably change it at 7,500 miles.

[Linked Image]

I don't see why it isn't street oil ? Look at the add package cept for the moly it looks like a Euro or SL rated oil

Originally Posted by SatinSilver
Any make up oil added yet? Thanks for the report.

I added 0.5 qt after pulling the sample. It wasn't down much at all.

Originally Posted by CT8
I don't see why it isn't street oil ? Look at the add package cept for the moly it looks like a Euro or SL rated oil

I just mean that as an oil that was designed with high rpm drag cars and sprints in mind, not going normal intervals on the street.

TBN @ 2.3 isn't that great. Your TAN can already be higher, depending on the base oil. 7.5k might be too much for this blend, maybe try 6k . Some ACEA specs require TBN> 1,5, I cant remember em of the top of my head.

Agree with Dr. Danger. Run it another 1k or so. TBN is getting low I have Joe Gibbs Racing LS30 in my 02 Yukon.

Glad the trans is holding up.

Back