HPL ATF

Has anyone used this yet? My wife's 14 CR-V is due for a change. I see that it is supposedly DW-1 compatible but I was curious if anyone has used it either specifically where DW-1 is required or in any ATF. Car has ~132k miles on it and has had the ATF changed every time the MM calls for it.

I am considering trying the HPL fluid in my Dodge Cummins pickup, which calls for ATF+4 transmission fluid. I am getting ready to switch the fleet to HPL lubricants all around, except maybe the lawnmowers.

The 2012 Mustang and 2002 Tahoe both use the HPL "Green" ATF. The Camaro drag car uses HPL low viscosity Type F. It's a great fluid that doesn't fade with heat like some others.

Car has ~132k miles on it and has had the ATF changed every time the MM calls for it.
For one from that era, that probably means the ATF has been neglected. Back then, the MM did not call for frequent fluid changes.

For one from that era, that probably means the ATF has been neglected. Back then, the MM did not call for frequent fluid changes.
I want to say that at 30k the dealer flushed the ATF. And then whenever the MM came on we did it which I am not positive how often without digging out paperwork but I want to say that we had it changed 2 - 3 more times maybe even 4, though not a flush.

My B5 S4 was a lifetime fluid according to the dealer. I changed it with Amsoil (before they had sig ATF) around 70 or 80k. I now have 99,800 and I said I would do it again at 100k but I don't drive it.

Maxlife or Amsoil SS blue cap atf is what I use in my DW1 spec transmission.
How long and how many miles you been using Amsoil? I'm just a little worried cause I know Honda ATs can be finicky and I'm not in a position to replace a trans or buy a new car.

How long and how many miles you been using Amsoil? I'm just a little worried cause I know Honda ATs can be finicky and I'm not in a position to replace a trans or buy a new car.
I switched the 06 Odyssey I had over to MaxLife at 132k; it’s had a 1-gal spill n fill every 20k since. It’s over 240k now and still shifts like brand new. My DIL drives it every single day. Cleaning it out from 4 kids’ messes, though, may be on an annual plan or longer 🤢

I may use HPL atf in my Transit Connect. It just hit 30k so it’s about time for a change.

"Lifetime fluid" is a marketing ploy and not a maintenance philosophy. I highly recommend you find a reputable shop that specializes in Hondas and have the fluid drained, a new filter installed and a proper refill.

After thought: some Honda automatics have an external ATF filter.

I did the first drain and fill at 15K. I’ve done two more after that, currently 47K. Drive’s great. 19 Pilot AWD EXL.

Back