HPL 5W-20 Diesel Oil

Shel_B

Site Donor 2023
I thought I saw mention of HPL 5W-20 Diesel Oil somewhere but didn't see it in the PDS info. Is there such a lube, and if so, can someone provide a pointer to the PDS? Thanks!

I think racin4ds is hinting at a diesel engine (compression ignition)

DexosD is a 0w20 for the new GM 3.0L diesel. (3 liters, DOHC, in line 6 config, turbocharged, 15.0:1 compression ratio.) Sweet sounding configuration.

But I know of not other diesel calling for a Xw20. But there probably are more.

Well I'll be switching my Duramax over to 0W -I think racin4ds is hinting at a diesel engine (compression ignition)
DexosD is a 0w20 for the new GM 3.0L diesel. (3 liters, DOHC, in line 6 config, turbocharged, 15.0:1 compression ratio.) Sweet sounding configuration.

I'll be switching the Duramax over to 0W-20 first OCI in 2060.

My Vauxhall Insignia (Buick Regal for you folks) has half of a Duramax 3.0 and also calls for a Dexos D 0w20 oil. I run a Dexos 2 oil in mine as it makes me feel warm and fuzzy.

Lots of diesel engines in Europe fitted to cars have been specified with ACEA C2, C5, A5/B5 or A1/B1 lubes for a long long time. All low HTHS oils, some 20 weights, some thin 30 weights. Our diesels over here are far more reliable than yours. :ROFLMAO:

Why anyone would want to run a 20WT oil in a compression ignition engine is beyond me.... heck go ahead and put the 0W16 in it! CAFE will love you, but I assure you the poor engine won't!
Incorrect. This is a product we made for Wayne. There have been numerous posts about this in his Durango. He chose the added detergent/dispersant package a diesel oil brings to the table. His Durango is not a diesel.

Why anyone would want to run a 20WT oil in a compression ignition engine is beyond me.... heck go ahead and put the 0W16 in it! CAFE will love you, but I assure you the poor engine won't!
FWIW I ran HPL HDEO 0W16 in my 2019 Lexus UX 250h, with a suggested service rating of SAE SL.

The vehicle is spec'd for 0W16 SP/ILSAC GF-6A.

The OCIs were ~ 10k miles and went on for ~ 100k miles total.

Back