hows the new M06 GC holding up?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I remember seeing in another thread...that this year's GC is actually a different color than rest? How is the overall quality of this baby? I'm kinda scared to try it out...Was wondering if any of you guys did a UOA or further research on this topic...thanks!

Just purchased my first batch (5 quarts) of GC gold today at Auto Zone. Getting ready to try it out as soon as I reach the 9100 mi. mark in the '06 Mazda 6. I am thus far satisfied with M1 5w-30 but want to try it out. (I think the green GC is long gone now.)
I will do a UOA on the M1 and then another on the Castrol Syntec european formula 0w-30.
I have settled on 5000mi oil change intervals. I may try out 7500mi in the future after reading the UOA's.
I am so digging the synthetics. Cannot believe that I used Quaker State and Pennzoil dinos in my 8 previous vehicles. If I only believed and knew then what I know now....
Newbombturk

quote:

Originally posted by newbombturk:
(I think the green GC is long gone now.)
I will do a UOA on the M1 and then another on the Castrol Syntec european formula 0w-30.
I have settled on 5000mi oil change intervals. I may try out 7500mi in the future after reading the UOA's.

Newbombturk

That depends upon city, and the evil influences of BITOG upon it... I just picked up 7 quarts of the elixer, M03 vintage, last night. It's going into the new Envoy with a PF-61 very soon..... I'll shoot for 6k or OLM whichever comes first.

Beanoil, ran the wife's 2004 Malibu, with 2.2 L EcoTec to 8K on one OCI and about 7.5K or 95% on OLM, both with GC Green. UOA came out fantastic. The Blackstone analysis is in UOA forum, somewhere a few months back. Do not be afraid to push GC, it's a great oil.

cheers.gif

thanks for the feedback...anyone else with experience with the newer m06 GC? its supposedly a different color...I'm wondering how well they perform too?

Originally posted by newbombturk:
(I think the green GC is long gone now.)

If you guys are looking for the green GC I have some up available in the for sale thread.

the green is out there. you just have to search for it like searching for gold. its never easy and epopel will look at ya like your crazy. but its there. just pull out all the qt. I have found it in the back of the rack and also in with the 5w-30 castrol rack too. so if really desperate. just pull out all the qt's.

why is everyone shooting for the green!?! theres evidence that gold is just as good..if not better!

I am currently running the M06 GC in my 300M. Seems to be good to me. I am about halfway through my 6k OCI with an ACDelco Ultraguard Gold UPF2 Filter. Just got done with a 1200 mile trip to KC and back. Looks good...now we'll see how it holds up to about 50-100 track passes!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back